• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Base clock jumping all over the place

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That'd be it. The Pentium 2 was from 1998 wasn't it? This PC was 2004.

Pentium II was something I was excited about, a lot of them came out in 1998, with "Deschutes".
"Klamath" was an early revision that came out in 1997 and lasted a short time before the one afterwards.

The last one: Probably 1999.

Pentium III: "Katmai" was the first gen that came out in 1999.

"Coppermine" was probably from 2000 to 2001.

They were from 1999 to somewhere around 2003.

Pentium III was reported to perform better than Pentium 4, especially earlybird revisions. "Willamette" of 2001.

Pentium 4:

The first gen style: "Willamette" in 2001.

"Northwood" from 2002 to 2003 or 2004.

Pentium II was something I was excited about, a lot of them came out in 1998, with "Deschutes".
"Klamath" was an early revision that came out in 1997 and lasted a short time before the one afterwards.

The last one: Probably 1999.

Pentium III: "Katmai" was the first gen that came out in 1999.

"Coppermine" was probably from 2000 to 2001.

They were from 1999 to somewhere around 2003.

Pentium III was reported to perform better than Pentium 4, especially earlybird revisions. "Willamette" of 2001.

Pentium 4:

The first gen style: "Willamette" in 2001.

"Northwood" from 2002 to 2003 or 2004.

You're ramblin' bro, it's irrelevant. :D

I picture is worth a thousand words. Download Cpu-z and post screen shots of the following tabs Cpu, "under load" and Idle, memory and spd.

Okay so I just restarted the PC with Real Temp uninstalled. CPU Z is reading everything normal. Base speed is 99 mhz, and the multiplier is 16mhz. As nothing is happening it's levelled down and normal. Yet I'm still getting this weird frame by frame effect. Instead of Google chrome popping open, it fades in. That's the best way I can describe it. Also, how do I upload a screenshot? I didn't understand the thing you put in. :(

***EDIT*** Okay, weird. I just launched a game (Half Life as I didn't want to stress my system with anything intense so as to damage anything) and everything was moving in slow motion. This is SO weird! What is going on???

GPU driver installed?

The "GeForce 337.88" Driver.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/75992

Also, I will try this again in the future, but it seems that when I shut down my PC and wait 5 minutes and turn it back on, it's fine again. I never would have done this in the past as I just sit there and keep restarting (prob. not good).
Twice today I've shut down, waited 5 minutes and turned on and it's been fine.
I just want to figure out what the problem is and how to fix it. Thanks for helping me too. I've been to a few other forums and they weren't very helpful.

after reading that you got the board back with bent pins and scratches, i suggest you ditch the asus mobo and buy gigabyte or asrock. asus motherboards are no good and their rma service is a nightmare.

after reading that you got the board back with bent pins and scratches, i suggest you ditch the asus mobo and buy gigabyte or asrock. asus motherboards are no good and their rma service is a nightmare.

I did ditch it and I got an MSI Z77A G45. It's good and it was $150. I never even used the features that were packed on the $190 asus MB. lol

Assuming your hardware is fine and that you have a spare hard drive, remove your other hard drives and install windows again, see if the problem is still there.

So I've realized that RealTemp was just being stupid and my CPU is in fact not at 20 GHZ, but it may be a usb issue. I'm not too sure on what it does, but people have had issues with extremely slow Windows 7 aero transistions and also slow start ups (1 minute compared to 15 seconds in my case). I think I've narrowed it down to my ethernet cable, as when I unplug it and restart nothing happens, yet as soon as it's plugged in games run in slow motion, as does the opening and closing of tabs etc. This all started when I installed a new MB (same model as the last, and nothing was changed). It has also remained after the installation of an MSI board, as the last one was Asus. Basically, my ethernet cable is causing slow aero transistions and slow mo games. I don't understand why, but it is. Any help on what to do further?

Back