• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia 750TI and Asus PB287Q 4k monitor problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I mentioned above I don't have this problem (with 3 screens though) on my AMD card. Even though I have the desktop spanned across all 3 monitors, upon boot, the left and right show me the POST and windows splash screen. Then once I get into windows, it spans it across all 3.

This is DVI and 2 mDP connections.

I mentioned above I don't have this problem (with 3 screens though) on my AMD card. Even though I have the desktop spanned across all 3 monitors, upon boot, the left and right show me the POST and windows splash screen. Then once I get into windows, it spans it across all 3.

This is DVI and 2 mDP connections.

I truly believe AMD does not have the same problem. I have been a frequent AMD user myself. I picked nVidia 750 TI this time because it is the latest product with the best power saving to drive a 4K monitor. I will be very sorry not to go for an AMD card if this problem cannot be fixed.

I also do not have a 4K monitor (not being an early adopter on a cheap 4k monitors that are out...)...

I feel you should give another set of vid card drivers a go. Also verify monitor is set to 30Hz.

I also do not have a 4K monitor (not being an early adopter on a cheap 4k monitors that are out...)...

True! 4K screen is long way from being main stream. Early adoptions are often handicapped by immature drivers. But, so was SSD a few years ago. Today SSD are quite matured and so will 4K monitors. It is up the related manufacturers to work together to iron out the problems. This is the reason why I caution the 4K monitor will-be-users in the beginning of my post.

However, I do believe my problems, especially the black out problem in the 4K monitor, is a driver problem that nVidia needs to address.

I will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

I think your caution is premature and your issue may lay in the setup itself (4K and 1080p on a low end card)... but here is to hoping I am wrong so you can get that corrected.

Def. post back!!!

I feel you should give another set of vid card drivers a go. Also verify monitor is set to 30Hz.

Going to 30Hz is cheating for 4K monitor setup. Beside, I have tried it and the screen is flickering. Only going to 60Hz will avoid flickering.

Ah, most 4K Ive seen are 30Hz, only reason I mentioned, as I assumed 60 was maybe causing issues.

I think your caution is premature and your issue may lay in the setup itself (4K and 1080p on a low end card)... but here is to hoping I am wrong so you can get that corrected.

Def. post back!!!

Since successful w7 boot runs solid like a rock, so it cannot be a setup problem.
And I have doubt if black out on my 4K screen, during a w7 boot up, has anything to do with display setup. If this is not a driver issue, what is.

Since successful w7 boot runs solid like a rock, so it cannot be a setup problem.
And I have doubt if black out on my 4K screen, during a w7 boot up, has anything to do with display setup. If this is not a driver issue, what is.

It DOES have to do with your display setup, because the issue doesn't exist when the TV isn't plugged in!

Ah, most 4K Ive seen are 30Hz, only reason I mentioned, as I assumed 60 was maybe causing issues.

Most 4K monitor uses 30Hz because it is not driven by Display Port. nVidia has an early history of failure to drive 4K monitors with the older cards. Using 30Hz then was a work around solution.

My mistake is to believe nVidia has fixed the problems with their latest 750/780 series cards and obviously, I am wrong.

And, I caution anyone again to opt for 4K monitors to avoid the pitfalls I have fallen into.

Most 4K monitor uses 30Hz because it is not driven by Display Port.
Most 4K monitors use 30hz because that is all they can do, period. A DP is required however to run 60Hz for TV's that support it.

Early history of failure with older cards? 4K TV's just came out, what, a year ago and who could afford one then? Im struggling to see how this is a failure on Nvidia's part with the information given...its a struggle because I see a lot of 'half truths' in the thread...

It DOES have to do with your display setup, because the issue doesn't exist when the TV isn't plugged in!

Disagreed!

Driver needs to take care of the situation, unless driver is destined to single display alone.

However, Windows supports multi-monitors. Since my 750Ti card works nowhere except under Windows, so drivers must support whatever Windows support.

Disagreed!

Driver needs to take care of the situation, unless driver is destined to single display alone.

However, Windows supports multi-monitors. Since my 750Ti card works nowhere except under Windows, so drivers must support whatever Windows support.

You don't have the issue without the TV plugged in, that's all the proof you need that it is the setup, not the drivers!

Also, this happens pre-Windows, as in before drivers load!

Most 4K monitors use 30hz because that is all they can do, period. A DP is required however to run 60Hz for TV's that support it.

Early history of failure with older cards? 4K TV's just came out, what, a year ago and who could afford one then? Im struggling to see how this is a failure on Nvidia's part with the information given...its a struggle because I see a lot of 'half truths' in the thread...

Sounds like a nVidia fan!

Drivers do not get 'used' until windows. Basically, after the POST(where you see your BIOS), when you see the windows splash screen and in windows THAT is where the drivers are 'active'.

The display you see when in the bios is running off the firmware of the card AFAIK.

Sounds like a nVidia fan!
Don't go there. This is not an argument, and do not lower yourself to starting one with this misconception. I am not a fanboy.

You don't have the issue without the TV plugged in, that's all the proof you need that it is the setup, not the drivers!

Also, this happens pre-Windows, as in before drivers load!

True or not true. This happens pre-Windows, but drivers are loaded pre-Windows too. Only God knows exactly what have happened, except, at the end of the line, my 4K main screen is black out conclusively. If this is unlikely an MS problem, then it is a nVidia problem.

The 750 cards is meant to be plugged in a MS PC Slot and nowhere else, it has to work compatible with the PC design. Before Windows is loaded, 750 works under its own firmware and it is nVidia job to make it compatible with PC design.

True or not true. This happens pre-Windows, but drivers are loaded pre-Windows too. Only God knows exactly what have happened, except, at the end of the line, my 4K main screen is black out conclusively. If this is unlikely an MS problem, then it is a nVidia problem.

The 750 cards is meant to be plugged in a MS PC Slot and nowhere else, it has to work compatible with the PC design. Before Windows is loaded, 750 works under its own firmware and it is nVidia job to make it compatible with PC design.

It is becoming quite obvious that you have zero clue how a GPU, motherboard, monitors, drivers, and operating system interface together.

Drivers are not loaded pre-windows AFAIK... I just said that....

What is a "MS PC slot"? Do you mean PCIe?

I just don't think that the FW can support a 4K monitor without the drivers is why you may be seeing this issue. I could be incredibly off... but it makes more sense than what I am hearing so far.

If you use the 4K tv without the other monitor, it boots just fine, meaning you can see the POST/BIOS on it (4k), and it doesn't 'black out'?

Last edited:
Back