• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Does anyone know if you can send text messages on this tablet? Tried searching google and youtube but nothing but reviews.

If it isn't tied to a phone carrier, I don't think so, no. However, if you have Google Voice, you could install that app and send from there. That is what I use.

A better question would be if you can send text messages over wifi with an android device.

It doesn't matter that it's a Note Pro 12.2 or some generic android tablet, if there's an app that lets you do it then you can do it.

As I mentioned, if you have Google Voice, you can send messages.

Thanks but gonna send it back.:eh?: I have the Note 3 phone, was looking for something with larger screen as my daughter and I text a lot daily and
was looking for larger screen to make it easier to read sms and see pictures.

Last edited:
you can send text messages to cell phones via gmail, at least to verizon phones, I do it all the time from work.

Thanks but gonna send it back.:eh?: I have the Note 3 phone, was looking for something with larger screen as my daughter and I text a lot daily and
was looking for larger screen to make it easier to read sms and see pictures.

Did you try Mightytext or setting your phone's SMS to go through Hangouts?

Just installed Mightytext on computer hooked to my 52" tv. Who needs a stinking 12" tablet. Awesome.:thup::thup:

Aha nice!
I use it on both my 2nd gen Nexus 7 and my computer, absolutely love it lol!

Glad it helped, albeit indirectly haha

Back