• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GOT MY 4790K BOOTED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
caddi, what is your LLC set to and how much offset are you using on the vcore? Is Speed Step, C6, APM and all the green stuff in that section enabled or disabled?

over in the amd section i was asked not to reveal my high clock vcore because some one who had not learned better might follow.

someone must have accidentally cross posted from stockclockers.com

btw..if you have asus or gb board you can get their branded version of cpuz (for some mobos anyways), it will get rid of the 99.x bclk cpuz bug in those 2 mobos, ie will read bclk correctly at 100. But then you have to deal with the ugly hard to read colors of asus and gb, but looks like mhz still bugged on those. You can also use cpuz 1.67 which will read bclk correctly, vary with spread specturm and read mhz correctly, but wont have spd.

Last edited:
trents, llc is set to 1 all other settings are either auto or default.
that is just set the core and cpu ratio as in hokies write up.

Very nice CD you score a home run with that CPU, enjoy your purchase my friend.

AJ.

ok so I have it back in the case and running again, benchmarking it against my 8350 rig at 5.4 with the intel rig at 4.8, i'm running some light cfd computations that the results are rendered graphicly.

Nice to see you're up and running C_D, looks like you finally got a decent CPU too. That's a really nice clock for the voltage. Even at 5.4 that 8350 isn't going to catch it

Nice to see you're up and running C_D, looks like you finally got a decent CPU too. That's a really nice clock for the voltage. Even at 5.4 that 8350 isn't going to catch it

He might have gotten it a little cheaper from MicroCenter, but I have my doubts that his dice roll would have been as good as the cpu he got with that roll of the dice. So far looking all over and hanging in the "long" 4790K threads all over everywhere...well some are not so very happy with their REfresh cpu.

Congrats man. :clap:
RGone...

I have forgotten how much harder it is to get a rig to run my programs than it is a stress test, the voltages get a good bit higher on both rigs and the vrm temps climb, I can overcome this on the amd board with the vrm on the board but there is nothing i can do on the intel rig with the vrm on the processor die.
at some point i will have to play around with the jet plates in the ek block on the intel rig.

lets just say that they are both running very, very hot.

He might have gotten it a little cheaper from MicroCenter, but I have my doubts that his dice roll would have been as good as the cpu he got with that roll of the dice. So far looking all over and hanging in the "long" 4790K threads all over everywhere...well some are not so very happy with their REfresh cpu.
Is there a special location in Mississauna that they sell binned 4970k's we should know about Gonester?

it's really very close to you manny, edison new joyzy, I know, that place smells funny.

it's really very close to you manny, edison new joyzy, I know, that place smells funny.
Did you buy them from Newegg? And yes it does smell funny the closer you get to Newark Airport.

yea, I pre orderd it, and 2 extreme 9 mother boards with it.

my friends in manhatten also say, they have to go through hobo ken when they leave the island.

Getting in and out of Manhattan is for the birds!

I use Newegg because if they have what I need in their Edison warehouse I will get it in 2 days.

I used them because I'll not get out of town till mid august, and microcenter is out of town.( and little suga bee has her demands).

they really do, and it ****'s me off sometimes, I pay for all the crap we have and i still hate the sofa!!!

I think I might be getting close with this one, I have been chasing my tail getting the ram to tighten up but i seem to have found it in system agent voltage.

Attachments

• cinebench.JPG
    cinebench.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 317
Back