• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Gamer 5 z97 Bios options stuck on "Auto"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Then, I guess I'm going back to 4.5 ;)

I'm not sure why my temps are so hot. Fans are on high, front case panel is removed for full air flow. I reseated the HSF yesterday, and unless I'm doing it poorly, I'm not sure what else I can change. I was aiming for 4.7 on air.

My first test yesterday was 1.25v and 4.5 and I was hitting 100C, after the reseat the same testing got me to 87-90C

what the heck is wrong with 4.5 on air???
I have a 4x180 rad on mine and 4.8 with 4.7 cache is the max 24/7 clock with it and a benching clock of 4.9/4.8 cache.
one of the things I have found is that as raw processor speed increases I need to slow the ram one notch, so you might try that.

Then, I guess I'm going back to 4.5 ;)

I'm not sure why my temps are so hot. Fans are on high, front case panel is removed for full air flow. I reseated the HSF yesterday, and unless I'm doing it poorly, I'm not sure what else I can change. I was aiming for 4.7 on air.

My first test yesterday was 1.25v and 4.5 and I was hitting 100C, after the reseat the same testing got me to 87-90C
Seems like you have a delidding candidate. :thup:

As EarthDog and caddi daddi mentioned, that's getting pretty warm. Should be fine during gaming though.
[email protected] is solid for 24/7 though :thup:
4.7 takes a very good chip with very good cooling for a daily OC.

The NH-D14 is an awesome heatsink, but it definitely isn't custom water.
And custom water is what it takes to push past ~4.5 easily.

Edit: Definitely agree with the delid option here.

Seems like you have a delidding candidate. :thup:

So, in a week's time, I seated my first heastsink, my second, and soon to be my processor lid? ;)

And, the houses temperature isn't exactly regulated with any certainty. It was built in the late 70's (hence the horrible paneling) and we have window AC units. Depending on the time of the day, they don't always keep up.

Last edited:
Help guys please. I am also the same, i have the MSI SLI Krait Edition Z97 with a 4790k. My problem is everything is not highlighted so if i even press +/- it doesnt change the value its still auto and how do i go to stock bios? Also i dont got CPU Ratio Mode? help please, thanks in advance.

Help guys please. I am also the same, i have the MSI SLI Krait Edition Z97 with a 4790k. My problem is everything is not highlighted so if i even press +/- it doesnt change the value its still auto and how do i go to stock bios? Also i dont got CPU Ratio Mode? help please, thanks in advance.

You will do a lot better by starting your own thread. After threads go beyond a single page, people quit looking at threads.
RGone...

Back