• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Good Are Asus Xonar DG 7.1 Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I listen to a lot of music and play a lot of games and movies I am using the motherboards onboard audio which is a Realtek HD ALC889 chipset and was looking in to upgrading to a soundcard. I switch from TV speakers to headphones with mic and just want to improve my sounds in the stuff I do was looking at this card http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SC-018-AS&groupid=701&catid=11

It's £23 and includes a headphone amp feature was wondering if this will do me nicely.

It should be better than onboard, but get a decent set of cans or speakers to support it.

It should be better than onboard, but get a decent set of cans or speakers to support it.

This +1

It's easy to make good speakers sound better, but nearly impossible to make crap speakers sound decent.

If you go the speakers route, you won't even need a sound card since onboard works every bit as well outputting digital.

Back