• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stress test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrsteve0924

Cubed Beef Stew Member
i know the question of what is the best stress test for an overclock has been asked and answered many times over. and i have read a lot of posts on it and of course every one has their preference.

so let me ask it this way if i may....if i was going to use prime95 and only had an hour to test my cpu oc which one of the prime95 torture tests would be best to test for stability.

can i select both blend and custom at the same time?
Use Custom, but set blend settings for FFT length and set 1GB less than your ram amount in 'memory to use'.

If I had to choose one for my system without custom input, it would be blend straight up.

oh now i get it. i see now that the settings under custom, while grayed out, change as small, large or blend is selected. i never noticed that before. then select custom and tweak the default settings. got it. :thup:

so if i make fft min of 8192kb (8mb?) what should max be?

and 1gb less than available ram is to ensure i stress most of the RAM i guess?

I wouldn't change the FFT's...unless that is the value from Small FFT and he(you) wants to literally do both?

Blend is fine as is for me honestly. I dont play any games with custom. If its gold after a few hours of running and temps are line, I don't usually have any trouble.

I wouldn't change the FFT's...unless that is the value from Small FFT and he(you) wants to literally do both?

Blend is fine as is for me honestly. I dont play any games with custom. If its gold after a few hours of running and temps are line, I don't usually have any trouble.

great feedback. thanks

Blend mode. And you should select custom to make the FFTs at least 8192 KB.

Curious why did you pick 8192kb as a min? I see the default is 8k which really drives my temps up to like 95c. Seems like the smaller the size of the fft the hotter the temps. I get manageable temps at 128kb and up.

Curious why did you pick 8192kb as a min? I see the default is 8k which really drives my temps up to like 95c. Seems like the smaller the size of the fft the hotter the temps. I get manageable temps at 128kb and up.

To test the bus and RAM. If Prime95 fails with BSOD "STOP: 0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR", then there's a good chance that the bus is unstable and thus time to increase the bus termination voltage. (If Windows also reports a bus error in the event log on the next boot.)

Last edited:
Back