• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silly question, but GPU/CPU cooler support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

I feel like Im watching my computer slowly sag down. Is t his anything to concern over?
Everything is attached securely and safely, its just not supported very well here...'

My idea is to use a threaded rod, and use a very long threaded sleeve nut to get it in a precise position. I can epoxy the base to the case with no issues.

I haven't worried about, ever. Up to you though.

Im not "worried" per say, but Im thinking over time, thats a lot of stress on the GPU pins. I'll run to lowes in a bit and get some parts, too easy to not do really.

My 3-slot old school GTX 580 DCUII is sagging like ... anyways, you get the idea. No problems. I've got an NHD14 on there too. That motherboard is quite contorted after all these years I'm sure. Zero issues due to sag. Sag isn't really a problem with computers. It's more something certain body parts go through as you age.

My 3-slot old school GTX 580 DCUII is sagging like ... anyways, you get the idea. No problems. I've got an NHD14 on there too. That motherboard is quite contorted after all these years I'm sure. Zero issues due to sag. Sag isn't really a problem with computers. It's more something certain body parts go through as you age.

ocnoob....why did you implant that image in my head?

Theocnoob is right.

Anyway... Don't worry about it. I had a motherboard years ago with dual CPU sockets (MSI K7D Master) with TWO Thermalright SLK-800s on each CPU. If PCB can hold over a kilo of copper in a standard ATX case your parts are fine.

Theocnoob is right.

Anyway... Don't worry about it. I had a motherboard years ago with dual CPU sockets (MSI K7D Master) with TWO Thermalright SLK-800s on each CPU. If PCB can hold over a kilo of copper in a standard ATX case your parts are fine.

I don't imagine they would engineer these problems to cause issues. Im simply seeing parts stressing in ways I don't care for. May be completely overkill, but I'm gonna do it! :shrug: It's not a huge deal, just going to epoxy some threaded rods and install some supports. Won't be much of an effort to get some peace of mind :)

ok gents, I've decided to NOT "band-aid" this. Im going to make an entirely new case, have some interesting ideas for myself.

Lay case horizontally like my custom case.

Problem solved :)

I would do that, but all my hard drives and PSU would be sitting sideways, relatively unsupported, which means I need to figure out something for THAT, which then blah blah blah turns into a vicious cycle.

I have a cool case idea planned out, I'll be posting a log soon.

I would do that, but all my hard drives and PSU would be sitting sideways, relatively unsupported, which means I need to figure out something for THAT, which then blah blah blah turns into a vicious cycle.

I have a cool case idea planned out, I'll be posting a log soon.

:rofl:

Looking forward to the log :)

get a coolermaster haf xb, great case, motherboard lays flat and you can just stuff it full of things, the only issue is the size of the psu that fits.
I bench in that case with an 8 core 8350 at 5.2.

get a coolermaster haf xb, great case, motherboard lays flat and you can just stuff it full of things, the only issue is the size of the psu that fits.
I bench in that case with an 8 core 8350 at 5.2.

Thought about that too. I'm just not a fan of the "military grade" look on it. This will simply be a fun project for me is all :thup:

You have a PC-62 and think a HAF-XB is military grade? Wow do we have differing opinions on what is military grade, LOL! :)

Back