• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG TigerSun

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Small delay on completing the ST10 build as I'm using some of the water cooling parts to make a Sub-Zero run :D

Attachments

• Sub-Zero Soon.jpg
    Sub-Zero Soon.jpg
    701.5 KB · Views: 186
Now lets get back to TigerSun :clap:

Installed the i7 3930K, Asus Rampage IV Extreme and a new tri-fire bridge :D
Filling and testing done :cool:

Attachments

• TigerSun back up and running.jpg
    TigerSun back up and running.jpg
    784.2 KB · Views: 181
Hi All :D I'm waiting for moar parts to complete TigerSun and one moar sidestep as I'm going to make a Sub-Zero run with the 3930K. I'll make a choice whether to use a "cold board" or the slide out tray for Benching.
CaseLabs has provided Rubber feet for the Removable Motherboard Slide Out Tray to make it a Tech Benching Station :D

Attachments

• 9-2.jpg
    9-2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 170
Thanks Guys :D This Rig Rocks :thup: I must have done something right :rofl:

Temps after Gaming :clap: :clap: :clap:

Attachments

• Temps after Gaming.PNG
    Temps after Gaming.PNG
    63.8 KB · Views: 156
With the tear downs and rebuilds I broke one item, my blue LED's for the CPU water block :rolleyes: .50 each to replace them, will have them working soon. :D

Attachments

• Broken LED.jpg
    Broken LED.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 142
While I'm waiting for moar parts :comp:

Attachments

• Titan.jpg
    Titan.jpg
    661.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Funny.jpg
    Funny.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 139
Came out looking great. The tubing flows really nicely how you have it in the case, which is something I really appreciate, as I hate jumbled messes. I still say that case is HUGE (echo, echo, echo :D)

Thanks Greg, Yeah, it's big :D It's a real joy to work with this case, I have more parts coming to install Tri-Fire R9 280X's water cooled. I hope the pump will be able to keep the temps close to what they are now, of course I'll be running a battery of tests, configure and reconfigure the hardware to reach the best cooling efficiency with maximum performance. The rads may need higher cfm fans but as of now I don't know, TigerSun rocks this 3930K @ 5.1GHz running R9 280x CrossFire without ever hitting max temps :thup: Bottom line is Performance and I like it! LOL
:clap: :clap: :clap: :cool:

Received some parts today :D With the tear downs and rebuilds I broke one item, blue LED's for the CPU water block now it's time to fix it :clap:

I received 4 red LED. lets use two :D I'll see how they look in the trifire bridge, I also received some blue LED's for the CPU water block :thup: YEAH! :clap:

Attachments

• flux it.jpg
    flux it.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 116
  • two to fix.jpg
    two to fix.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 115
  • LED's to fix.jpg
    LED's to fix.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 120
  • wield it.jpg
    wield it.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 121
  • fixed.jpg
    fixed.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 119
  • test.jpg
    test.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 119
nice i cant wait to see it finished with my old cards in it

LOL :D When I receive the two PowerColor AXR9 280x 3GBD5-T2DHE/OC I'll run them through a battery of tests in my spare rig (4770K, Gigabyte Z87x-OC) before I WC them. I'll post the results running them on air, after I add water blocks I'll run another battery of test and post the results. Yeah, water cooling GPU's ROCKS :thup:

HA, I finally hit 40c on the GPU's :D Furmark 1.11.0 running one GPU :thup:

Attachments

• Max temp 40c.PNG
    Max temp 40c.PNG
    184.1 KB · Views: 109
Back