• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R7 260X overclock Voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The easiest way to check will be to set the GPU at stock speed and see if the issue still occurs.
If the issue goes away you either need more airflow over the VRMs or a better heatsink on them to sustain your overclock.

Well, I drove them on stock speed for 2 days and the artifacts are gone.

Now I also installed a Side case fan: fractal design 140mm , which gives clean cool air to the video card, and the GPU temp is lowered by 5 degrees Celsius.

Which is great ofcourse, so then I decided to overclock again to the 1250 Mhz core clock and 1800 Mhz memory clock, with +10 mV, It did pretty well until I was playing for 1 hour straight. I got a super arfifact over the hole screen with colors...

So I think this is odd, because of this test : [URL="http://www.overclockers.com/amd-r7-260x-graphics-card-review"[/URL]

http://www.overclockers.com/amd-r7-260x-graphics-card-review

The tester say :

Overclocking for Stability

Just as we found in our earlier R9 280X and R9 270X reviews, overclocking software hasn’t quite made jump to these new GPUs as of yet. They allow core speed and memory speed to be adjusted, but we don’t yet have any voltage control. However, that won’t stop us from seeing what the card can do without voltage manipulation.

After quite a bit of tinkering, I finally settled on a GPU core speed of 1250 MHz and a memory speed of 1825 MHz (7300 MHz Quad Pumped). That’s a +150 MHz increase in core speed (12%) and a +200 MHz increase in memory speed (11%). Not too shabby considering no voltage increases were available. Because of the lack of voltage control, and that I’ve basically reached the maximum this card can do without it, we’ll forgo the “Pushing the Limits” section of the review.

And they even say they could get MORE out of it?!?!!?!

see this picture, they didnt even changed the voltage..

amd-r7-260x-38.jpg

Did you go into Afterburner settings and turn on voltage control? Because my 280X's have both core and mem voltage control.

The 260x I have is voltage locked too.

If the card's voltage regulartor isn't recognized by software, you can't control it's voltage. Try other software just to make sure.

Did you go into Afterburner settings and turn on voltage control? Because my 280X's have both core and mem voltage control.

This is a link picture of the topic R7 260X test they made.
Not Mine, And I only have Core Voltage controle , yes and I gave Voltage clearance/Monitoring.

The 260x I have is voltage locked too.

If the card's voltage regulartor isn't recognized by software, you can't control it's voltage. Try other software just to make sure.

As you can see This is my current overclock, but why do I still get artifacts?
Do you have a picture of your current overclock setting in afterburner?

I did go from 1800 Mhz to 1700 Mhz because the VRM perhaps gets to hot, but there's is a brand new suck fan which gives cold air so... I really don't under stand why I can't put the Memory on 1800 Mhz or even 1850 Mhz as they say in the test.

http://www.overclockers.com/amd-r7-260x-graphics-card-review

Attachments

• boem.png
    boem.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 854
My clocks were 1300/1625. I have maxed out afterburner. Stock for my card is 1000/1250.

Every card is different. So what you see on websites you may or may not get.

My clocks were 1300/1625. I have maxed out afterburner. Stock for my card is 1000/1250.

Every card is different. So what you see on websites you may or may not get.

Well, I am really hopeless now, I got the graphics card on stock Mhz and still after some time artifacts...:cry::cry::cry:

RMA time if you're artifacting at stock speeds and temps are good.

RMA time if you're artifacting at stock speeds and temps are good.

Well I get your point... But I had the overclock from 1175 Mhz stock to 1250 Mhz GPU and 1625 Mhz memory clock to 1800 Mhz Voltage +20 mV.

And it worked GREAT :thup: BEFORE the CPU overclock, now I still get artifacts wether game I play,

So I think there is something wrong with the ram which is overclocked from 1333 Mhz to 1866 Mhz without ajusting the timings.

Does anyone know whats wrong?

Well I get your point... But I had the overclock from 1175 Mhz stock to 1250 Mhz GPU and 1625 Mhz memory clock to 1800 Mhz Voltage +20 mV.

And it worked GREAT :thup: BEFORE the CPU overclock, now I still get artifacts wether game I play,

So I think there is something wrong with the ram which is overclocked from 1333 Mhz to 1866 Mhz without ajusting the timings.

Does anyone know whats wrong?

Put all the system back to stock speeds then test the GPU...

Put all the system back to stock speeds then test the GPU...

This is crazy, still artifacts, everything is back to stock and I have the artifacts..... whilst I didnt when I got the PC new 2 months ago.

But my Power supply is acting strange for the last 4 weeks, a tikking sound..:rain:

Either a GPU or PSU issue then.
Do you have a second PSU you can test with?

Either a GPU or PSU issue then.
Do you have a second PSU you can test with?

No sadly I Do not, but it just can't be the GPU above all it is brand new , and it worked fantasticly before the CPU overclock, and the PSU is just making a tikking sound since not long ago

The GPU is getting it power through a 6 pin connector to 2x molex adaptor.
because the PSU doesnt have a 6 Pin connector..

Go get a real PSU. A quality one.

In our PSU section is a list of recommended units. Any of the 500W range ones will serve any single GPU setup for you for years to come.

Back