• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini wired backlit keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm looking for a smaller USB keyboard, probably in the $30-$40 range. Backlighting is a large plus. Like one of those mini bluetooth keyboards for tablets and things, just USB not bluetooth or proprietary wireless. I don't have high hopes for this thing. I'm not going to be using it for a lot of typing or gaming or anything so it doesn't need to be a mechanical keyboard with a trackpad, macro keys, and Malibu Dream House, just small, cheap and wired

I've checked both Newegg and Amazon over the past day or two, and there seems to be nothing that meets the those requirements. Any ideas? I prefer be on Amazon since I have both Prime and some gift codes there, but open to other ideas

Ask and yay shall receive.

http://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Keyboard-Multimedia-Handheld/dp/B004716NFE

has usb support, and usb wireless support. Shoud work for whatever youre doing.

Uh, does that actually connect and send keystrokes over USB or just charge by USB and have the USB RF adapter? I could be missing it, but I'm not seeing anything that says it's anything other than full wireless,

Because those types of keyboards are everywhere, I actually have a bluetooth one only just slightly larger than that. I just want a small wired one that I can keep on a PC workbench in the basement that doesn't take up the space of a full keyboard, I don't have to keep track of a RF dongle, and I don't have to screw around with bluetooth.

Ah, I just figured you could leave it plugged in if you were worried about it.

"small", "backlit", and "cheap" usually don't run together. there's a keyboard that comes to mind that you would love ,but its intended for CNC and other industrial settings... and its not cheap.

Yeah, I've thought about wireless ones, but I'll be switching it around a lot, too much of a chance to lose the adapter :D Plus I never had luck with the cheaper wireless keyboards "syncing" to the adapter in time to get into the BIOS of a system, they seemed hit or miss, and since this is going on FDs workbench of "Why is this damn thing not working" I figured simply going wired would be easier.

But it doesn't necessarily have to be backlit, I just thought it'd be a nice plus.

Without backlighting that opens up the market a LOT more honestly. My buddy does Arduino based CNC machining, and he simply uses one of those el cheapo's from china. to my knowledge its still goin strong, I'll send him an email and see what he's using. He made it a point to NOT buy one of those 400$ controller keyboards.

This may sound absolutely ridiculous, but you can always get a USB light to go with your keyboard for dirt cheap. Should work fine in that regards.

Thanks. I knew cheap ones are out there, I'm just not having any luck finding ones in the sub-$100 range that are small.

Back