• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Obsidian 450D and H 105 compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

perucho07

Registered
Hi all,
I have a serious doubt about the compatibility of Corsair Obsidian 450D & H 105 CPU water cooler. My mobo is the Asus z97 PRO. May you please clarify my doubt? Thanks beforehand for your help.

Bit-Tech: Water cooling is very well catered-for, though, and with Corsair's stacks of all-in-one liquid coolers, it's yet another case the company has clearly designed to steer you towards the likes of an H105 or H75. The front can house a dual 120/140mm full-height radiator, if you're willing to sacrifice the 3.5in drive cage that is.

Does that help?
:welcome:, incase I didn't catch you in '05.

Thanks Diggrr (and sorry for my late reply). Well behind of the mobo tray the 450D counts with a double cage to accommodate my two Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSDs in RAID 0 array. But I also need to put inside my 2 WD Black HDDs 750GB each, 2.5" height for data and backup. Do you think this is possible? Thanks again!

Me personally, I'd screw the two blacks upside down to the grill on the top of the case. They might be a little noisier there, but they'll surely stay nice and cool.
Being upside down is no problem for a hard drive.
Second option is to mount them end to end vertically alongside the motherboard. I don't have the case, but it looks as though they could fit that extra blank spot on the backplane between the motherboard and the front (hopefully missing the radiator).

Hi Diggrr, let me take your idea, I think there won't be problem. I have no yet those items as they come to South America where I'm working at this moment. So after I own it I gonna reply you and told you the story, greetings.

Back