• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock tech support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The board does not have a dual bios feature but it is user replaceable if I had another if.

It has the crashless BIOS, and I believe that basically acts as a backup BIOS, but don't quote me on that.

Ive seen plenty(all?) of locked CPUs that have all cores at the same (max turbo) multi. ;)

im not sure what you mean ED, since in the bios i have two options for setting the ratios. which is leading to think this is why at boot up im at 3.2ghz vs 4.2ghz. as in i can select as an option to have the bios do "all cores" or it has "per core" settings. i know what your saying but what im saying is that this difference in the bios might be bug and/or glitch. to where even if i set the bios using "all core" selection it does only 32x vs being set at 42x and the bios saying its at 42x. then if i use, like the oc profile is doing, is using the "per core" selection for 42x. as someone pointed out there might be something hidden the oc profile that is changed. its just hard to say but seeing as this also happened with the same cpu on a z87 asrock board. its highly possible two ways for which the board will control the multi is what needs to be addressed. since it shouldnt matter if i tell the bios "all cores" or "per core". i should still boot up and into the os at the selected multi.

Z87M OCF had physical 2 BIOSes with manual switch. Z97M has one BIOS chip as I see so if it crashes then is RMA.

ASRock beta BIOSes are actually really stable and I've never had any issues with them.

Right now I'm making some quick tests on Z87M OCF and it's working fine with all cores at x42 or x45. CPU needs high voltage for OC but I can't see any issues. Will check per core later.
To run all cores without issues you have to enable turbo boost in BIOS or it will run as max CPU ratio. On my board max non-turbo ratio for this pentium is x31. Should be x32 as pentiums have no turbo.

Z97M OCF will be on friday.

On Z97M max standard clock is x32 so it's correct but no matter which BIOS I've used , core option "all cores" is not working and I have to set CPU multi "per core". Not a big issue but clearly it's not working in all available BIOSes.

As I said in some other thread, I'm generally disappointed and I will return ASRock Z97M OCF to the store. It's simply not an motherboard designed for overclockers. Except OCF looks, it's just a standard Z97 board. Z87M was great and even though it cost ~$30 more it was worth to pay more.

yea, i hear ya, for me the price was hard to beat vs the GB gaming 5 i was looking at. really the features were bout the same nic,sound, OCF had higher cpu pwm. other then the core multi issue, to me its a great board. i just think for the price US, its hard to pass up vs other options.

I finally heard back from ASRock Customer Service. I filled out my RMA request form and E-Mailed them a copy of my invoice. Hopefully I'll get my RMA Autorization today and can drop it in the mail.

Back