• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Recommended Cases of OCF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depending on what you'll be using it for the Fractal Designs Arc Mini R2 is a really nice mATX. It even has good water cooling options.

If your looking for a LAN box the Thermaltake A30i Armor is an itx style case that fits mATX boards but no real water cooling options.

Thanks, I have looked at those and they both look bulkier than they need to be. I really like the Corsair Air 240, but people say its flimsy and I see there is some unnecessary extra space in the front too.. I think i might have to build my own.. :popcorn:

Edit: My two ideas hover around the Corsair Air 240 and the Silverstone Fortress FT02 (90 degree motherboard ala Raven series)

Last edited:
I heard good things about the larger Air series from Corsair, but honestly don't know anything about the 240.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say the Thermaltake is bulky. Maybe I've been building in the BIG cases to much but I don't see any extra room in this little guy. LOL

View attachment 157622View attachment 157621

True.. hadn't seen that particular model. Doesn't look like my H80 will fit there though.

I was looking around and saw the Rosewill u3-b for the 10th time. Then I saw a plan unfold in my head. I will get that case and lay it on its front pannel. Add a few fans to that panel and lift it a half inch or so. It'l be perfect.

Never seen that case before. I kinda like it. It definitely lacks air flow. Some thoughts... If you lay it on it's front you'll loose access to the Power button and I/O panel. What about laying it on it's (left) side and mounting and intake there? Might be a little trickier cutting the plexi. But IMO would look nicer and still be more functional.

or

Switch to a single large SSD and mount it on the side mount bracket and mount a fan on the bottom blowing air in to your GPU.

Speaking of GPU's I hope yours isn't very big. This case can only hold up to a 264mm GPU. In fact this reviewer had trouble getting their 241mm GPU in.

Just something to concider.

Anything you need to know about the U3-B?
It looks to be incredibly similar to the U2-S-Window, which I just built a computer in with (for) my girlfriend.

My main concern for this one would be Airflow. With just a single exhaust fan does it do a good enough job for a higher end PC. With no intakes, is it a dust magnet? Can you mount an intake on the bottom? It looks like the U2-S has the I/O panel on the proper side this time(i.e. not impeding GPU install). How's the build quality?

Never seen that case before. I kinda like it. It definitely lacks air flow. Some thoughts... If you lay it on it's front you'll loose access to the Power button and I/O panel. What about laying it on it's (left) side and mounting and intake there? Might be a little trickier cutting the plexi. But IMO would look nicer and still be more functional.

or

Switch to a single large SSD and mount it on the side mount bracket and mount a fan on the bottom blowing air in to your GPU.

Speaking of GPU's I hope yours isn't very big. This case can only hold up to a 264mm GPU. In fact this reviewer had trouble getting their 241mm GPU in.

Just something to concider.

Yeah I see what you mean. That would work pretty good, save some trouble. I would like the elongated look of it though to go behind my computer monitor.. would give it a "view" :D I was planning on moving the I/O and power to the new front pannel:

ImgPrd-2536-Cb525b8e2026da4e518a674e2709a06059_zpsf7ab45af.jpg

Of course I would get holes made for the 180mm fans.. I have access to some pretty nifty tools.

...plus with the plexi side down your MoBo would be "upside down" and your board would trap some of the rising heat.

These small cases and hardware are going to destroy the enthusiast market. Next step is to get everyone on tablets. GG RIP Towers/ATX/E-ATX and bye H20 etc etc lol

AMD is already paving the way Jack. It's just a matter of time now.

These small cases and hardware are going to destroy the enthusiast market. Next step is to get everyone on tablets. GG RIP Towers/ATX/E-ATX and bye H20 etc etc lol

I don't think it will do anything to the enthusiast market. If anything its expanding in a new direction. The enthusiast market's true enemy is revenue. People with sff systems wanted them anyways and probably own a mid tower as well. A true enthusiast never stops buying lol...

A good indication of how the market is doing is what products show up every year. The enthusiast market has grown in my opinion. Gear has improved and new stuff is coming out all the time. That is definitely a healthy market. Cheap upgrades in comparison to many other hobbies.

In terms of eatx and other full tower types, I think that market is nice and strong still and won't really shrink. Over time though I can see that market phasing out based on new more compact technologies.

When it comes to the discreet GPU market, new tech keeps on making it out and doesn't seem to slow down. I think this and CPU progress are what drive the enthusiast market.

In the end I have a feeling that you are right about the shrinking footprint, but if anything I think that's where the enthusiast market will sit and if anything that is simply what will be the only thing really keeping it alive 5-10 years down the road.

Will things end up being tablet only? I don't think so. As long as games and other programs keep being cutting edge, the hardware will never keep up fast enough to be satisfied using something as small as a tablet. Also most of the work done is simply much better using mouse, monitor and keyboard.

If I told my programmers they had to use a tablet from now on they would laugh endlessly and production would end up collapsing.

We're fine.. think about expansion and new niches as being a positive to the enthusiast market.

AMD is already paving the way Jack. It's just a matter of time now.

Sounds attractive, but again the discreet solution is still leaps and bounds ahead.. People are easily putting the cash in for discreet solutions.

Bring me an amd cpu that can match the performance of a gtx980 with a competitive price, and I will definitely consider. Realistically, NOT happening.

My main concern for this one would be Airflow. With just a single exhaust fan does it do a good enough job for a higher end PC. With no intakes, is it a dust magnet? Can you mount an intake on the bottom? It looks like the U2-S has the I/O panel on the proper side this time(i.e. not impeding GPU install). How's the build quality?

Well the U2 only holds a shorty GPU, so massive power draw isn't too much of a concern. The build I referenced runs nice and cool with an i7 and 750Ti.

Well, there's the Gigabyte GV-N970IXOC-4GD GTX 970 which is only 6.7 inches long for all those tiny cases. That's pretty substantial GPU power.

Well, there's the Gigabyte GV-N970IXOC-4GD GTX 970 which is only 6.7 inches long for all those tiny cases. That's pretty substantial GPU power.

ASUS GeForce® GTX 970 DC Mini also worth looking into

Back