• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Force Windows to open on first monitor if it opens on second which you can't see

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
I have my big screen Plasma connected to my main PC. If I open a program on may Plasma monitor 2, it'll continue to open in it upon close of course until I manually move it to my PC monitor.

So now, if any program was open on the big screen Plasma, like a browser, it'll continue to launch into monitor 2 Plasma TV.

Without looking at Monitor 2
where a program is launching into - can it be switched to open into Monitor 1 if all you can see is Monitor 1?

Is there an app?

I know I can switch Monitor 2 back on and manually move it. I know I can disable Monitor 2 and force it that way. But my question is if there is a program that can just "make it" open on a different monitor with a click?
(I am using ATi Catalyst by the way.)

DisplayFusion, I use the hotkey Ctrl+Win+X to move windows from monitor to monitor.

D'oh I am already running DisplayFusion as the only way to keep a single Desktop background on PC and have random backgrounds on TV (monitor 2) - another thing Windows should be able to do natively but does not :(.

But... erm... My 1999 IBM keyboard does not have a Windows key, now what?

:D lol, I am really using a mechanical IBM keyboard from 1999. Need to look at remapping that shortcut...

D'oh I am already running DisplayFusion as the only way to keep a single Desktop background on PC and have random backgrounds on TV (monitor 2) - another thing Windows should be able to do natively but does not :(.

But... erm... My 1999 IBM keyboard does not have a Windows key, now what?

:D lol, I am really using a mechanical IBM keyboard from 1999. Need to look at remapping that shortcut...

Change the hotkey in Settings -> Functions

It totally worked.

Thank you ATMINSIDE.
Thank you overclockers forums - there is no forum on the entire internet that gets you help quicker. I sometimes post non-computer related questions in the General Discussion forum here and simultaneously in a specialized forum for whatever the topic is.

10/10 times ocforums answer is both quicker and better (!)

No problem!
Glad to help, and to see others using such an awesome piece of software!

Back