• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rayrays build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea I have a completely separate ssd for benching and benching only. I install it the same time I swap out the processors and usually when I am done I re install windows so that I can start fresh.

And I also save all my results and look through them and find the higher ones. I know I still have some learning to do but I am taking everything and keeping a tab on all the pointers.

You never really stop learning Ray or trying different little tweaks, that's the fun part.

That will slow down depending on what you are benching. I haven't moved more than a few points up and down in the league points for a month I swear. It's not for a lack of trying either.

Yea I figured that because I don't have a lot of toys that I can actually bench I'm just wanting to get more points for when and if the team rules change.

I think they said they would grandfather everyone, but that can change. Not a bad plan Ray.

Yea I'd much rather be safe than sorry. Trying to find something else cheap that I can bench to get points from.

Check out the Athlon X2 and X3s they're usually reasonable and would fit that board. PIIs and Thubans still get some decent cash.

They can be fun Ray and they're fairly chep. I had a x2 250 that I think is broken. OOps
I was going to suggest, if you want to get an idea of settings and timings etc. that a CPU can handle. I will browse HWBot for that kind of info. Then I have an idea of what that CPU is capable of. I've been doing a lot of that lately since I'm playing in unknown territory for myself with some Intel LGA775 stuff. If you're curious here's the link to my X2 runs http://url.hwbot.org/Wqe7Bl

Yepper it was cold water as well, the ram and NB settings should be prettyclose though . You won't get the speed. You can search specific benchmarks as well and specify cooling etc. Although it doesn't seem to be working for me lately. Here's my 140 runs http://url.hwbot.org/1p37H3d

EDIT: One thing I wanted to add, is order of importance for the most part is CPU speed> NB speed> then ram and timings. There's always a bit of give and take though especially between the last 2. I usually run it up as high as I can then bring in my ram at a higher speed and speed up the NB. Then tighten the timings. It all takes a bit of trial and error since cranking down the ram and NB can affect your CPU OC as well. Sometimes you'll score better at a slighly lower speed with tighter ram. As an example my 1090 T could handle 2000Ram 3200 NB at 4.0 but not even close at 4.7. It was just too much for it at that speed ram had to be dropped to 1800ish.

Last edited:
Back