• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rayrays build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So is it bad to pc by the fsb and the multiplier?
Are you asking if it's bad to Overclock the Pc by the FSB and Multiplier? If so, no it's not. We usually find a more optimal OC by using a combo of both, though it does take a little bit more work and tweaking when using both the FSB and multi.

When you enabled the XMP prifile what was the Ram running at? If it was 1800 that is most likely the reason why it failed to boot. You likely need to loosen the timings. Also the suggestion Johan made about raising the Cpu NB Voltage can help.

Na when I enabled the XMP it was still running at the 1500 it still allowed me to lower the memory profile.

Well try bumping the NB speed back to 2700 give it 1.25-1.28v on the CPU_NB and also bump the ram voltage to 1.55v then see if it'll boot for you.

Ok well I have 24 hour shift tonight so I'll update with more changes first thing tomorrow. Again thank you guys for the help

Ok I've done quite a bit of researching and even though it is a little budget build want it to hold up till I build my next one. Been trying to overclock the gpu but everytime I start heaven close to the end just gives a red screen and computer restarts. So I've aavoided doing that anymore.

It may be a budget build but that is a good board and the 6350 is a solid choice also.

If Linpack passes, but blend Prime95 fails, then it likely means that it's time to raise the bus termination voltage, which I dunno what it's called in the BIOS on post-775 motherboards.

It may be a budget build but that is a good board and the 6350 is a solid choice also.

yea i tried doing a lot of research before I actually picked all my parts

If Linpack passes, but blend Prime95 fails, then it likely means that it's time to raise the bus termination voltage, which I dunno what it's called in the BIOS on post-775 motherboards.

honestly no clue what that means lol and i havent even tried linpack. As of now i can go 2+ hours on prime with it where its at and temps dont go above 50.

What time in the am do you fall out for formation?

I had staff duty so I didnt get off till nine this morning.

Also haven't gotten around to raising anymore voltages or anything. Added my last two fans to the case and also switched to arctic silver thermal compound so after about two days im going to go back in and see about raising some more.

right now my temps keep jumping on idle from 20-40 is that normal after applying different thermal compound?

Ok I'll do that again when I am done with the stability test. 4.72 now temps staying steady at 55. Said the he'll with waiting.

How well does the amd overdrive stability test work. Used it once a little bit ago and seemed pretty decent. Still works the cpu at % 100 across all cores.

Are you changing the Cpu NB Vid or Nb Voltage control? The Cpu Nb Vid is the one you want to adjust.
right now my temps keep jumping on idle from 20-40 is that normal after applying different thermal compound?
The temps sensors aren't on the Fx chips are inaccurate below 40c when not under load, just ignore the idle temps. Mine idles at 8c when my ambient temps are 22c :screwy: :D

As of now i can go 2+ hours on prime with it where its at and temps dont go above 50.
No need for linpack, if I can pass 2 hours prime on my rig it will take anything I throw at it without issue.

then it likely means that it's time to raise the bus termination voltage
:shrug:?

20140718_212134.jpg

Only voltage options I have to change. Both nb core and nb voltage cause bsod and actually had to reset cmos

Back