• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rayrays build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rayraysfunhouse

Hey everybody, just wanted to get some input into some average temps and so on. First I'll start with my build, it started off as a basic budget build that would be better than my macbook pro for gaming.

Case- Rosewill Redbone U3
Cpu- amd fx-6350
cooler- hyper 212
Mobo- gigabyte 970a ud3p
Ram- g skills rip jaws 1600mhz
Gpu- sapphire dual-x R9 270
Power- evga 600 bronze

So currently that is my budget build as of now. Already planning on upgrades. So I installed my hyper 212 last night and before doing anything ran prime 95 to see how my temps were. Under load they stayed right around 48 and idle was at 22 or so. I managed to get a stable overclock on stock voltage at 4.3mhz and on my temps idle is at 26 and load stays right around 57 at the socket.

I know this is long winded but I wanted to see some of you opinions on how my temps are with this overclock. I've read that the max temp for amd is like 62 Celsius so I been trying to stay away from that. I already plan on getting the H80i water cooling unit. But for games would this hold up pretty good? So far it seems to do great but just want some insight from more knowledgeable people about this.

Thanks for any insight/help.

Last edited:
70c socket temp always seems to be the "magic number". 57c gives you a bit of play room.

Ok I've done quite a bit of researching and even though it is a little budget build want it to hold up till I build my next one. Been trying to overclock the gpu but everytime I start heaven close to the end just gives a red screen and computer restarts. So I've aavoided doing that anymore.

But for games would this hold up pretty good?
I've never seen a game that will stress the Cpu as much as Prime will, so you're good to go, no need for an H80.

Ok so I will be good with the 212? Ordered 2 more fans today so I can do push pull with the 212 and one more for my case. I plan on seeing how much more I can get from it because I haven't even had a failure on prime yet with where I'm at now. I went off of jayztwocents video on overclocking since I didn't know a whole lot.

CPU-z main memory and spd also we like to see a shot of HWMonitor while P95 is running about 20 minutes or so to get some heat. These will tell us a lot about what's going on with your machine. It would also be a good idea for you to have a read through this http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688663 it'll give you a pretty good understanding of Overclocking an FX

Post #12 by 'mandrake4565' had this linked in blue.

attachment.php

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG
this one is after 10 minutes

Capture5.PNG
and this one is after 15. As you can see not much change in temp

Capture6.PNG
and pic of speed fan for the hell of it

Back