• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conformal coatings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just face it, work sucks. I can't wait till I'm retired. Ha ha
Even if the store would be open on saturday I could manage but they're not and the shelf life on this stuff is what??? About a day maybe for 10Kg in a cooler?

Johan when I was doing my experimenting, I had 20 lbs in a cooler and it kept for about 10 hours with little evaporation. Each 10lb block was wrapped in brown paper which is how they give it to me at the store I buy it from, I'm sure this helped also.

From what I've been told by BMW the stuff from Air Liquide comes peletized. Much more convenient I'm sure but I think it'll evap faster in that form. But TYhat's kind of what I figured , this is something I should get in the morning and spend the day at it till it's gone.

This is only DICE in a cooler E_D. I haven't gone that far yet :chair:
Well that would explain the Kg mention instead of Liters... :chair: :rofl:

DI lasts me about 2 days if its in a cooler.

I would so prefer the pellets... or actually a mix of pellets and blocks as the pellets will get things down quickly (more surface area to touch the sublimate) while the blocks help sustain temperatures.

ANd by blocks I mean small chunks, like dice size chunks or perhaps a bit larger.

Well that would explain the Kg mention instead of Liters... :chair: :rofl:

I know E_D , it's been a long week for me too. :shrug: I'm so glad this week is done.
I do also have a deep freezer which stays around the -15c mark. So I should be able to stretch it over 2 days then. That's even better :ty:

Yar, having it in pellets would be much more convenient. Chopping at the blocks with an ice pick is a bit of a PIA and it tends to fly around the room a bit. I'm sure its not a good thing is a piece of it got into my eye or something. :D

Johan just get yourself a dry ice maker and then you don't need to travel so far to get it?!?!?! ;)

I use a small sledgehammer on its side and leave the blocks in their bag, double bag plastic grocery bag, and sit that on a towel and start beating. I get a good mix of powder and chunks that way and have less to worry about flying cold stuffz. :p

My problem with LN2 is I pour it from my dewar into the insulated bottles without a funnel and with my flip flops on... it burns a bit. :rofl:

When I leave dice over night then I lose about 10-20% ( depends from outside temps ). With current outside temps I count it will raise to ~30%.

Thanks guys and those flip flops should've been banned years ago. They're just dangerous!

Back