• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 + Amd FX-9590 Freeze/Unstable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ASUS Sabertooth R2.0 + FX9590 Black Edition

Hi guys i'm new to the forums game but I just give up :( I build my system about 3 months ago and i can't get to the bottom of it the main problem is when I play any game the computer gets deadlock or mega freeze only restart to save it at first i thought it was the GPU Unit my GTX 1070 gaming X 8gb bu by looking at this post it's more likely to be the mother board and CPU that causes the problems

When the new driver is out for MY GPU and gets installed the game crashes with 5-15 min but after when i uninstall the NVIDIA HD audio driver i get almost all day of playing till i turn off the system for night and next day that was a history and back to square one 10-60 min and crash sorry for my stupid explanation but i been every where and im just tired of all that

SYSTEM SPECS:

Asus sabertooth R2.0 990FX AMD FX-9590 black edition
MSI twin frozer GTX1070 gaming X edition
PSU 750TX Crosair
8GB Gskills 1833mhz ram

PLEASE HELP ME THE AXE IS GETTING CLOSE TO MY SYSTEM

Typically the biggest issue people have with the 9590 CPU is cooling and I see you don't have that listed in your post. The FX 9590 is one of the hottest CPUs out there and needs very good cooling to perform properly

Typically the biggest issue people have with the 9590 CPU is cooling and I see you don't have that listed in your post. The FX 9590 is one of the hottest CPUs out there and needs very good cooling to perform properly
+1

Yeah sorry about that I have H110I from crosair the temp is not the problem as when game crash (deadlock) the CPU doesn't go over 58 degrees and GPU dont go other 37 at high load only thing that is reaching slightly over 60 degrees is VCORE 1 and it goes max at 64 also i 6 120mm fans in the case

Ok thanks guys what can I do to drop the temperature down I have few things to try and what is the good temperature to keep as the 9590 is super hot

I would start with some fans on your VRM section and one that will likely help the most is behind the motherboard over the CPU socket. You could be getting shutdowns from socket temperature. I would also go into the DIGI+ section in your BIOS and set the CPU current cap to 120% also make sure that in advanced CPU section APM is disabled.

Capturefan.PNG vrm fans.jpg

Oh wow thanks for in depth explanation I'll do as said but I have few questions the computer is not shutting down it freezes up dead. Also I want to mention that if I change anything in BIOS and computer restarts it will shut off again and come back on saying changes as a failure any ideas? I'll be sure to do as follow with update and some pics so you can see what going on in my case big thanks

Have you ever updated the BIOS? Use the EZ flash utility in the BIOS under tools if you do.

Yes BIOS is running on the newest update available 2901 if I'm correct I will be home next hour or so I'll put fans as instructed also I was thinking to drop back on the CPU to 4.2ghz

That is an option if nothing else seems to work. I would also do a driver sweep for the GPU since you mention it seems to aggravate your issue. Find a program called DDU and use it to remove the driver bits after you uninstall it. Then re-install the display driver.

Alright hi guys quick update from last night I put the fans in the same place as shown. I turned the CPU to 3.9 as a target but runs at 4.3/4.4ghz and that's fine the temps didn't go over 55 degrees on anything I only had hour playing last night and everything was running slush but today I should have bit more time so I will update

Hi guys sorry for the late response. The computer runs nice and cool but still doesn't fix the problem of freezing up I tried most things in this post and nothing is working still get the freeze but the longer I leave the pc run by doing nothing the longer I can play before it dies on me anymore ideas ? If not then something is faulty like big time cheers

You could try dropping the ram divider to 1600. This is just as a test to see if you "freezing" could be ram/IMC related

yay!!!!!!!! mandrake, great idea.
try 1.3 on the vcore and a 4.0 clock and then work your way up from there, it's been known to work with these beastly chips!!!!!!!!

Yes guys I have on 4.0 clock set but I left the voltage at 1.54 but I will drop it down to 1.3 but it's going have to Monday as I'm on the holiday I will update as soon as I can thank you guys means a lot

Yes guys I have on 4.0 clock set but I left the voltage at 1.54 but I will drop it down to 1.3 but it's going have to Monday as I'm on the holiday I will update as soon as I can thank you guys means a lot
It's likely that the cooler cannot handle the 1.54 v. I know my custom loop struggles with that much voltage.

Back