• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DGND3700 wont connect to internet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blozz

Registered
Hello, i am having extreme trouble connecting to the internet with my router the Netgear DGND3700 and netgear seem to not want to help me as im out of warranty. It seems to want to connect but just doesnt. Occasionally the internet light will come on green for a second then go red. I havent been able to use this router for a while now but ive decided i need to get it fixed. It is on 1.0.0.17 firmware and stopped working once i upgraded to it. Tried 1.0.0.12 but didnt fix it (using WW firmware not N/A) please help me fix this asap i need internet.
i can get onto 192.168.0.1 but nothing i seem to do there works! if anyone knows how to fix this please help me!

Can you flash it back to what you were using before 1.0.0.17? Why did you update from the original firmware version in the first place? We're you having problems with it then?

Also, have you tried tweaking the firmware settings?

Can you flash it back to what you were using before 1.0.0.17? Why did you update from the original firmware version in the first place? We're you having problems with it then?

Also, have you tried tweaking the firmware settings?

Yes i can flash it back, and i have but no matter what i do it doesnt change a thing and i didnt know it was possible to tweak the firmware...?

The router has an IP address. Look on the bottom of the router and it may tell you what the IP address is. If you type the IP address into your browser's URL window and hit enter then you will be presented with a login screen to enter the router's firmware. Usually, the default username/password for login is something simple like "admin"/"admin" or "admin"/"password" (without the quotes).

Once in the firmware you can change all the WIFI network settings such as the network password and the security schemes as well as the broadcast channels. Lots of things. Make sure your password and settings sync with those being used by you internet service provider for your account. If you have problems, rather than dealing with Netgear, try getting help from your ISP. Make sure your wireless encryption protocol matches that which your NIC is capable of. Older network cards/chips may not be able to work with the newer encryption protocols. Of course, I'm assuming you are using a wireless connection between PC and router. If you are connected via ethernet cable to the router it should just work.

Last edited:
Back