• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux virgin has questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just wanted to update everyone that the Linux avenue is no longer under consideration. I'll be putting Win 7 on this computer for my dad. So, I'm abandoning this thread. You guys talk amongst yourselves if you want. :)

Thanks for everything.

Just wanted to update everyone that the Linux avenue is no longer under consideration. I'll be putting Win 7 on this computer for my dad. So, I'm abandoning this thread. You guys talk amongst yourselves if you want. :)

Thanks for everything.

Just wandered into this thread. I think you made a mistake for a couple of reasons. If you aren't gaming or using a commercial program that a Linux alternative can't be found then Linux is a better choice than Windows. More secure, more robust. No searching for hardware drivers. Much more less likely to have a problem with malware. With Windows it is just a matter of time. Especially with a newbie like your pop. The other plus for Linux is that you learn something. It is just a whole different world of computing opened up for you. There are just so many distro's. So may free programs and utilities. OSX is the same in many respects. There are many quality freeware programs shared between OSX and the Debian distros.

Back