• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Headset Recommendations.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ant lion mics are now 50+$... they used to be 20$ an the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now they are over priced and gimmicky imo. A zalman clip will do the job for 8$ on amazon.

Beats will be fine for "gaming". They are incredibly overpriced, but since you bought and enjoy them, continue to use them. They aren't garbage or anything. Simply a corvette at ferrari pricing.

Ant lion mics are now 50+$... they used to be 20$ an the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now they are over priced and gimmicky imo. A zalman clip will do the job for 8$ on amazon.

I finally got around to looking at the modmic and gasped when I saw the price had more than doubled....

Gonna order that Zalman clip mic on Amazon, hope it works well!

This is about a month old now, but let us know how you like Zalman ZM1.... I had a set, and quite frankly the Modmic 2.0 and 4.0 are faaaaaaaaaaaar superior in regards to sound quality.

As far as Modmic goes, I don't know about their 1.0's, but I do know their 2.0's were NOT $20, in fact, my last statement from them for their 2.0 was $37.68 (includes s&h). I recently bought the 4.0 for $47.68 (includes s&h), and keeping in mind Antlion sent me samples/prototypes of their 4.0 microphones to test on various hardware and hardware settings, for feedback and such, the 4.0 is far superior to their previous mics, and I am more than willing to pay the $42 for it.

Only other options for DECENT mics are the Blue Snowball for $65~ and other brands in that area. I really wish Sennheiser offered a headphone attachment mic option similar to Antlion, microphones are what Sennheiser knows.

The zalman mic was a waste of money imo. The sound quality is such **** i just used my webcams mic which in hind sight i should have done in the first place lol. I should have just gone with the mod mic solution.

You'll get far better sound quality at a far lower cost buying headphones made for music + a separate microphone. I'm using Sennheiser CX270 earbuds + a BM800 condensor mic for BF4/TeamSpeak these days. No gaming headset I've ever tried comes even remotely close to this.

Back