• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FPS in UT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

I am a little behind the times here. I just started playing UT GOTY edition. I am starting to love the game. It's highly addictive once you get the controls down and used to the extremely fast paced action. What I am wanting to know is how do I find out what my fps are in the game? What commands do I have to type in to get them? I bought the discs used with no documentation to them, so I dont know how to type anything yet either lol. Hopefully I can get my network set up before too long so that I can start haveing a frag fest with my buddies.

There are two ways to found this out:
1. open the cosole (~) and then write down timedemo 1
or the second one
simply open in menu Tools and then time demo statistic

I am playing UT now for a ten time and i must say it s preety cool!!!

I can t wait for Unreal Episode 2 release and UT2!!!
But i have to buy some new computer staff!!!
See my signature to figure out way!!!

Nope, a 366 celeron isnt much of a cpu nowdays. Although if you were to get a better mobo for say 30 bucks, you should be able to oc that thing to 550 with no problems. Even then, its still not much of a fps buster. UT 2 should be quite the game. I have read a couple of articles on it and I must say that it does look pretty cool.

Right on, thanks for the info. Getting 70-75 fps in it. This Radeon seems to work better in UT with this newer driver now.

TUK101 said:
Getting 70-75 fps

Those are pretty good fps in UT. When UT was released it was optimized for the Voodoo cards, which we all know what happened there :(.

Anyways, good to see your playing one of the best if not the best games ever made. Enjoy.

UT Rules !

If you really want to stress out your video card and PC, track
down the MoreGore, DecalStay and ClusterRedeemer mods and
max them all out. That will drop your FPS's a bit.....:D

Yeah, I know that UT was designed to run best with a Voodoo based card. The game was designed in OpenGL if I am not mistaken, and runs best with Glide enabled. I have a Voodoo 5 and was thinking of putting it in to see how UT runs with that card. Where would I find the More Gore mod, and the other ones that were listed a few posts back? I'll try the UT site and see if it is there, but if not, anybody have a link?

Hard to believe that no one plays the Tactical ops add on for UT. Its really quite good and if you like UT and CS you'll love T.O. Try it out!

I've been playing the T.O. some lately, but am getting real
tired of having to setup and buy new guns every 2 minutes.

It should accumulate your cash and only reset weapons and
whatnot when a new map starts up.....

I get about 44-56 FPS

AMD T-Bird 1.4 Gig | 266 FSB | 1.75 volts
ECS K7S5A MotherBoard
Corsair 512 PC-2100 DDR Ram
2x 20 Gig WesternDigital 7200 RPM
GeForce 2 GTS 64 DDR 240/285
SoundBlaster Live w/ 4.1 SurroundSound Speakers
NEC 24x16x40 CD-RW
Pioneer 16x40 DVD
EnerMax 550 Watt PowerSupply
(Both Computer Side Opened Up With A Fat Fan Cooling Everthing Down Along With Six Other Fans Inside)

www.utgmc.com (for the giant map lovers!)

I get about 55-70 fps.

Does anybody with a Radeon 32DDR also get a dramatic FPS drop in some levels, like DarkCityII when you look down from a high sniping point. I've tried various drivers but it seems there are a few textures that don't like to run.

FPS woes

I have just bought a new Geforce 2 pro and i have overclocked it slighly and i can now pull 120 fps on Unreal Tournament ne1 got better i love to find out how cause i want to do it !!!!!!!

Back