• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Display driver stops responding.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
IIRC you must disable ULPS in Afterburner settings and tick the force constant voltage setting as well. You do have to edit the configuration file with notepad to enable voltage and overclock settings but that is easily searchable and I don't recall the phrase you have to edit in. I hope that that helps but I will also say that drivers since the 12.4's were really written for newer cards and going back to that driver may solve some of your issues.

These settings in Afterburner did not work for me. I have two R9 280x in CF. I'm using cat 14.4 on Win 8.1 Update 1 64 bit. The problem occurs when I'm folding and I do some web browsing. The obvious answer is to "not do that". I never had this problem with my Nvidia cards. I have cycled through GTX 460, 560Ti, 660Ti and 770 just prior to my two 280x. This is really frustrating because it is cutting in to my FAH production.

*Edit* I have removed all OC. I've put my CPU and RAM back to default and underclocked my factory OC 280x to reference settings.

Last edited:
I went to Sapphire's web site and downloaded their latest version from them. They have 13.12c. I uninstalled 14.2 and installed 13.12c and all seems to be OK for now. There are a few wonky things going on but I'll ride it out and see where it goes.

Afterburner says its 14.1. Perhaps the 13.12c is Sapphire's naming scheme.

That is still older than yours...

Notice the 14.x? Where the first number is the year, the second number is the month. ;)

I didn't know about the date code so thank you for that but I fully understand that 14.2 is newer than 14.1. One of the suggestions here was to try an older driver. I decided to try the newest driver from the manufacture and that happened to fit the recommendation here to try an older driver. So far so good for production.

You could be missing out on fixes and performance increases are two reasons...but outside of that, there is nothing wrong with using them...

I did use 13.2 when mining because it got the best and most stable results. He is not mining, he is folding, and there was a performance bump in F@H at 14.4 IIRC. ;)

Back