• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need someone to repair Sapphire R9 290x with aftermarket cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spicy1

Sapphire does not repair GPU that has been modified. My R9 290x does not send a signal to my monitor. Fans spin but card does not appear to work. Another GPU that I have works fine in computer. I believe power supply may have damaged GPU. Can anyone suggest some shops in the U.S. that could repair my R9 290x with Prolimatech MK-26 cooler?

You don't have the stock cooler to replace before sending it to Sapphire? Or now that they know you removed it you'll get shot down again?

You don't have the stock cooler to replace before sending it to Sapphire? Or now that they know you removed it you'll get shot down again?
I purchased the card pre-owned from Ebay. I do still have the stock cooler but do not believe I am capable of reinstalling it in such a way they could not tell.

Here's from Sapphire's warranty information:

GPU or ASIC device (VGA) is sensitive to thermal (heat) issue. The heat sink or fan is designed to meet the requirements for reliability of the product and the warranty is rendered invalid if the product is dismantled or the heat sink or cooler fan are removed as this may causes damage to the GPU or ASIC device . Non-compliance will cause the warranty of the product to be void and repair will be at the users cost.

Sounds like they would repair it but you'd have to pay since it's not covered by warranty anymore.

Here's from Sapphire's warranty information:

Sounds like they would repair it but you'd have to pay since it's not covered by warranty anymore.

I have read the repair policy. So I contacted them I told them I was willing to pay for repair and that I had modified the card. Tech support responded that they would not repair even if I paid. That came as a surprise. The initial response was that modifying the card voided the warranty. I responded of course I knew that and had said as much in my email. I ask can the card be repair. I was told no, if it was out of warranty, the would not repair even for fee.

The stock cooler is just to noisy. I don't regret it but I did have the believe that I could pay to have it repaired.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. Maybe someone else who's dealt with a situation like this before can chime in. Sorry, I can't help. Good luck in getting it repaired!

Back