• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Raid to Single SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

I am running 2x 256gb ssd in Raid 0 can I transfer that setup to a single 512gb ssd using Acronis software. Like clone the Raid 0 over to new ssd??

TLDR:
in theory: yes
in practice: you most likely will end up with broken bootmgr (fixable), mind inappropriate alignment.

Only reason I can see doing so is: you have so much customization to your OS, it will take you weeks to set it up again. Otherwise I'll do clean and restore missing files.

And backup before you start deleting RAID :)

TLDR:
in theory: yes
in practice: you most likely will end up with broken bootmgr (fixable), mind inappropriate alignment.

Only reason I can see doing so is: you have so much customization to your OS, it will take you weeks to set it up again. Otherwise I'll do clean and restore missing files.

And backup before you start deleting RAID :)

I may do fresh install as I am upgrading mobo from a Asus Formula to the RIVE BE. Just did not want to have to go through all that again.:eh?:

Went the fresh install route. Thanks for the replies.:thup:

Back