Destroyer of Empires and User Accounts, El Huginator
    Premium Member #3
    First Responders
    Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile

First Responders

Who we are and what we do:
    First Responders are a handpicked group of posters chosen because they are knowledgeable of most computer topics, helpful, and post frequently. The group’s goal is to answer questions and resolve issues. This may take the form of posting in threads that don’t have responses, contacting another member to post in a thread, or to restart a stalled thread. The original idea was proposed by thideras, who currently runs the group.

Anyone in the group will have a tag in their title.

Why this group exists:
    We, as a forum, pride ourselves on our knowledgeable members giving quality answers nicely, which is a great combination that many other forums don’t have. However, those qualities alone many not get people to sign up or stay on the forum. For example, if someone registers here, creates a thread, and doesn’t get an answer in a reasonable timeframe, what good is our knowledge or quality answers if we don’t give them? We need to get new members on the site before we can charm them with niceties and make them feel welcome.

Having a group dedicated to keeping threads active is a great way to gain new members and keep existing ones. People are likely to stay around if they know a response will be made in their thread quickly. Responding quickly and providing fast and accurate help is something we can become known for.

How we work:

• Answer threads quickly, even if we don’t know the answer
    • Find people that can answer a question if we don’t know
    • Make sure the issue is fixed or the question is answered
    • If there is a possibility of related questions or issues, make sure to cover those as well

Our process will include all of the above bulleted points and the main goal is quality. We aim to get an answer in a thread quickly (less than 24 hours) or find someone else that can help. Once an answer is given, it is easy for the thread to be forgotten, and no one knows if the issue was resolved. We will follow up in threads, which accomplishes two things: we make sure the issue is resolved and provide clarification to anyone else that reads the thread in the future or finds it through a google search.

How to join:
    The group is not currently open to the public since it is new. Once a foundation and process is built, showing the group can be successful, it will be more open. If you want to suggest someone, please send a message to thideras.
    Last edited by thideras; 07-30-14 at 03:05 AM.
    Desktop: AsRock X99 WS | 5820k | 32 GB G.Skill | GTX 1080 | Intel 750 NVME 400GB & 1 TB Samsung Evo | Windows 3.1 | 6x 2560x1440 Monitors
    VM Server 1: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM | 8x 256 GB Samsung Pro | IBM M1015 | 34 TB Raw disk | ESXi
    VM Server 2: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM |
    8x 256 GB Samsung Pro | ESXi
    Router: Biostar A68N-5000 | Silverstone ITX case | 15w pull | pfsense
    "That's not overkill, or a lot. That's just thiderastic." -txus.palacios
    "Clouds are silent, cold, and wet. Servers are none of these things." -Bobnova

Current projects: Rackmount Overkill (New) | Little Overkill (New) | Desktop Overkill (New)
    Articles: Rack Mounting 101 | Dell Perc 5/i Throughput Benchmarks
    My Website

Want to talk directly to all the moderators at once? Call the Mod Hotline!

Sim Racing Aficionado Moderator
    Overclockers.com Editor
    Premium Member #NaN
    First Responders

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Nice write-up Thid, and great idea.
    I hope we pick some of this traffic back up!
    Processor-----Little Power-6700K-----------Server-E3-1246 v3---------Bench-6700K
    Motherboard----------------Z170 Stinger------------C226 WS-------------------Z170 Extreme7+
    CPU Cooling----------------Noctua NH-U9S---------NH-U12S-------------------Glacer 240L
    Video------------------------980Ti 6GB ACX 2.0-----HD P4600------------------750Ti FTW
    OS Drive--------------------500GB 850 EVO---------256GB Samsung 830------256GB 850 PRO
    Storage Drive---------------Look Right ->-----------4x2TB WD Red RAID5----<- Look Left
    Power-----------------------EVGA 500W-------------Seasonic G-450------------EVGA 850W G2
    Memory---------------------2x16GB 2800 CL14-----4X4GB 1333 CL9 ECC-----2x4GB 3000 CL15
    Case-------------------------EVGA Hadron Air-------Corsair 330R---------------Spotswood Compact

Build Logs: (H2O)3 - The Water Cube | Little Power | Upgrade That Server!
    Interested in Sim Racing? Click here! | Interested in writing for our front page? PM me!

Benching Team Leader
    Buckeye Moderator
    10 Year Badge
    Great summary of the new system and a good idea!
    Haswell Benching and Gaming: ASRock Z87 OC Formula : Intel i7 4770k w/ Phanteks PH-TC14 : 16GB 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2666 : MSI GTX 1080 Gaming Z
    Other Components: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD : 2TB Hitachi 7200rpm : Seasonic Platinum 1000W : 3x1440p: Asus MG279q, Auria EQ276W, Crossover P27Q

Folding User Stats

Likes the big ones
    n00b Member
    Being foiled by Corpus lasers, in the middle of the "Sticks" Ontario.
    Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Just saw this today actually, good idea
    Cool badge ATM
    SABERKITTY!!! + 1090t @ 4022Mhz [244Mhz X 16.5] -------- Gigabyte GA-6ETXDR + 2x Tualtin PIII @ 1400Mhz
    EK Supremacy MX AMD + RX360 v2 + GTS280 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2x Stock Socket 462 AMD coolers
    Team Group [2x8Gb DDR3 9-10-10-29 2T] ------------------------------ Mixed set - [4x1Gb ECC SDRAM]
    Custom (Painted!!) "Modulo v2" - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​Pentium 4 era Generic Case
    Evga Supernova 850GS PSU ------------------------------------------- A lovely Teapo based PSU
    EVGA GTX780 SC w/ACX - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ATI RagePRO PCI GPU
    Folding User Stats
    Folding for Adak, eQuinOx and my beloved grandfather, Donald. You are missed dearly.
    What does a sick wife, a six pack of Arcadia Nut Brown Ale and poor altcoin mining equal?
    Working on my RAM timings as I've never been able to figure out how to get these over 1866. --Blaylock
    Success! OC'd an Nintendo 64!! ->Log here<-

Sim Racing Aficionado Moderator
    Overclockers.com Editor
    Premium Member #NaN
    First Responders

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Pharaoh View Post
    Just saw this today actually, good idea
    Cool badge ATM
    It just went live today

Thanks Silver!
    Processor-----Little Power-6700K-----------Server-E3-1246 v3---------Bench-6700K
    Motherboard----------------Z170 Stinger------------C226 WS-------------------Z170 Extreme7+
    CPU Cooling----------------Noctua NH-U9S---------NH-U12S-------------------Glacer 240L
    Video------------------------980Ti 6GB ACX 2.0-----HD P4600------------------750Ti FTW
    OS Drive--------------------500GB 850 EVO---------256GB Samsung 830------256GB 850 PRO
    Storage Drive---------------Look Right ->-----------4x2TB WD Red RAID5----<- Look Left
    Power-----------------------EVGA 500W-------------Seasonic G-450------------EVGA 850W G2
    Memory---------------------2x16GB 2800 CL14-----4X4GB 1333 CL9 ECC-----2x4GB 3000 CL15
    Case-------------------------EVGA Hadron Air-------Corsair 330R---------------Spotswood Compact

Build Logs: (H2O)3 - The Water Cube | Little Power | Upgrade That Server!
    Interested in Sim Racing? Click here! | Interested in writing for our front page? PM me!

Senior Alien Cat Hunter
    Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Interesting idea. I like it.
    The Rodeo Clown Oath: I Blaylock, do solemnly swear, to not let my Rig die of old age. I will burn it, fry it, freeze it, smash it and crash it til there is only ash and smoke. This I swear on this day 08/05/2014.

Project Freezer Burn | Project Man Cave!

Looking for the perfect case? | Bored of Gaming? Join the Benching Team!