• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temperatures over 60 degrees when over gaming load no matter volts or clock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fwee

Registered
A month ago just about i was having issues with my cpu in wildstar/every other game that pushed my pc or kept up with it
(Intel 3570k @ 4.4GHZ at the time)

it was sitting under 50 degrees with the same outside degrees as now [its now colder due to new heat proof windows installed].

so someone told me to upark my cores. i asked how and he sent me to
[i forget where so heres a screenshot]
EZh88Oy.png
i used this and uparked 50 which is 2/4 of my cores
BUT! my temps went up to 55-60 degrees, i know my cpu wont die from this within the next few years when i get to upgrading but im trying to fix it anyways for future refrence
so i tried parking it on the default 1/4 cores unparked then i noticed the heat was still at 55-60 degrees. i did what i can and parked all cores and then set it back as it made no difference.

i went into the registry to try to fix this last night but it says its at default but i was also warned that these programs also do other things to unpark which may also be the issue.

Reguardless heres my main issue!
No matter the clocking or voltage it is staying at 60 degrees now even though its in a colder room i was sitting at 4.4ghz before which is 1. over the stock clocking
on the cpu and im getting the same temperatures on both 3.4 GHZ and 4.4 GHZ. i even messed around with 4.2 GHZ and had it at -0.010
[ which i had on for a brief period while checking stability running prime95 and a moderate game [firefall max 1920x120]
since it had artificats.... the cpu was still burning a storm of 60 degrees

I feel like I remember doing this once myself but do not recall what I did.

Might seem stupid, but have you restarted the computer since you "reparked" the cores?

yeah i have i left it off for longer then 10 hours aswell

I am assuming you're on a laptop.

These 55-60deg temps are on idle as well as during games?

If it is just while idling, I would suggest to change Windows performance settings to downclock the CPU when not in use.

If you hit some high temps with them all unlocked, you may have "moved" your thermal paste, and now your not conducting as well anymore.

Have you ran a "burn-in" test yet on it?

If not, then your old temps may not have been your true idle temps, imo.

yes i have done burn in tests after every major change i made on my pc!

I think it has to do with something in the registry so im close to reformatting but id have to back up so much data and then reallocate all of my stuff on my d drive back onto the os registry

If you're running a stock cooler, in a less than ideal case, these temperatures are pretty reasonable to deal with honestly.

60c for gaming isn't a problem honestly. Its not a problem at all actually. Intels go up 50% higher than that before they have problems. Especially with you running an over clocked system.

You are probably having other problems, a 3570k over clocked really shouldnt be having issues keeping up with most games, maybe crysis 3 might give it a hard t ime....

So the ubiquitous questions ->

1) what are you using to monitor temps
2) whats running while you measure the temps
3) what hardware are you running
4) what voltage is your overclock
5) what clock are you now? Your thread title is ambiguous, but you claim to have ran at 4.4ghz
6) a 3570k should SLAUGHTER wildstar, perhaps it was another issue that was your problem.

just food for thought

If you're running a stock cooler, in a less than ideal case, these temperatures are pretty reasonable to deal with honestly.

60c for gaming isn't a problem honestly. Its not a problem at all actually. Intels go up 50% higher than that before they have problems. Especially with you running an over clocked system.

You are probably having other problems, a 3570k over clocked really shouldnt be having issues keeping up with most games, maybe crysis 3 might give it a hard t ime....

So the ubiquitous questions ->

1) what are you using to monitor temps
2) whats running while you measure the temps
3) what hardware are you running
4) what voltage is your overclock
5) what clock are you now? Your thread title is ambiguous, but you claim to have ran at 4.4ghz
6) a 3570k should SLAUGHTER wildstar, perhaps it was another issue that was your problem.

just food for thought
I know its not the most crucial but it is hot and i want to figure out what did it before my next build as my build was budget at the time

im guessing my motherboard is whats giving me the cpu issues when it comes to performance because ive ran intel diagnostics on it and it passed without issue
maybe the os but i dont plan to buy another until windows 9 so im stuck there unless i am led to a cheap windows 7 pro x64 or windows 8.1 x64[any] reseller

660 ti @1111MHz
i5 3570k [now at sock but same temps as stable low volt 4.4 ghz]
[cpu has a coolermaster v10 i think]
12 gb corsair dominator
ASrock z77 extreme 4

Bios up to date?

yeah, and i checked right before i posted this thread!

my only solutions atm is a frozen cold area of the house lol

perhaps its just a virus but i dont know how it would be there due to numerous reinstalls and nothing but games and browsing to sites i trust and know.

that and bitdefender gave me total security 2015 for a year, i also have has malwarebytes for half a year aswell

Hmm... bringing it down to simple mechanical things, are you sure you applied TIM correctly and the cooler is seated properly?

Hmm... bringing it down to simple mechanical things, are you sure you applied TIM correctly and the cooler is seated properly?

this only happened after i unparked but they should be reparked as i went into the registry and so on like i said above

Back