• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clone Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

I have a HP Laptop running windows 8.1 I want to clone the hdd in it to a external smaller ssd so I can install the ssd in the laptop. I have acronis 2014 but it does not work. When it starts it gives a runtime error.
Any other way to do this?

For me Macrium Reflect is working fine. I was moving Win8.1 to SSD, SSHD and HDD couple of times.
If you have problems to boot from other drive then you can also disable safe boot option in bios. Sometimes it helps.

I just cloned my SSD with daily system to a larger SSD. I couldn't make it when one of the drives was connected via USB. When both were on SATA then everything passed without issues. Usually it's working with USB too , somehow this time didn't work.

I thought that could not be done for some reason.
can i just use my backup on my external and do the same thing with my nti backup?

I use Backerupper by AOMEI. It's free and has cloned larger drives to smaller for me. The amount of data on the larger must be less than the capacity of the smaller drive.

Back