• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Korean monitors & panel types

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PicodeGallo

I was browsing the different Korean monitors and noticed the different panel types. I do know they use panels from Samsung, LG, etc. This led me to a couple of questions. Which panel type is preferred and is there a particular monitor maker that is better/worse when using the same panel type?

For example I think the LG panels (AH-IPS), from what I've seen in stores from their monitors, TV's, and even my LG G2, look great. I'm not sure about the Samsung PLS panels.

Any recommended brands for these panels, or at least any I should stay away from? Yamasaki, Crossover, & Achieva all have the LG AH-IPS panels.

One more thing, do perfect pixel monitors truly lack dead/stuck pixels?

Thanks for helping me clear this up, because if I have to stare at my TN panel for much longer, I'm going to gouge out my eyes!

I can't speak for brand names, but I know the pixel perfect are guaranteed to show up with no dead pixels or they'll replace it.

I was curious about the overclocking capability, and I purchased a QNIX QX2710 from Amazon that was listed as pixel perfect. The monitor has a PLS panel. I paid 369.00 for it and the image quality is on par with my 3007wfp-hc. The stand for it sucks, but for me its not important, and I like to tear into things to modify them anyway. Overall I am satisfied and now use it on my gaming rig.

Back