• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the clowns need to check in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I got this exciting new rig, it's a power house, just without the power.
time for you to make this mean machine impress me.

THE DEVASTATOR, (SISSYVATOR?)

AMD, A6 6400K APU WITH IGPU

GIGABYTE F2A55M-DS2 MOTHERBOARD, ( YES, I GOT IT RUNNING DUAL CHANNLE RAM NOW)

SOMETHING SOMETHING 650 WATT PSU, (SHOULD BE AROUND 3 TIMES WHAT WE NEED),

COOLERMASTER HAF-XB LAN BOX CASE, (AZZA HURRYCAN IF NEEDED),

COOLERMASTER SEIDON, (PHOBYA 480, XSPC RES PUMP, XSPC RAYSTORM IF NEEDED),

A FEW FLAVORS OF RAM FROM 1600 TO 2000.

this thing is really pretty good for low end surfing and e-mail and such, for much else it's best described as wretched to say the least so would you clowns help me make this my dream machine?

how bouts i say.... pretty, please?

goals? OH! goals.

10 ghz on the cpu.
300,000 in firestock

Attachments

• cpu-z.JPG
    cpu-z.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 269
  • tropical.JPG
    tropical.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Have you OC'd the GPU portion at all?
Higher speed RAM helps, as the GPU portion shares from it.

C_D said:
time for you to make this mean machine impress me.

Was that dream or just mean machine? I know you are always wanting a fairly light mist of rain to make your "dream-day" so you can take a turn around those few miles upair. So why not just take it and fasten it down real good in the passenger seat and give'r a go round the track. No clean-up when thru and then take it inside and sit it up on top of a good dirt tire. That ought'uh do it for dreaming of a mean machine.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:rofl::clap::screwy::screwy::clap::rofl:............:welcome:

well rgone is in the mood.

atminside, what's the first move?

let me go download msi afterburner.

downloaded it here>>>>>>http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

pretty easy install, just the default settings will do well, just have to remember that there are two installs in the one zip file, i just clicked through and installed riva tuner with it's default setttings also.

Last edited:
afterburner will not work with this, let me remove it and install easy tune and see if that will do what we want.

the only adjustment i have is gpu clock in bios, that's it, bumped it up to 825 and the score fell to 760 so it's maxed out at default

what's the next move atminside?

no, only the gpu clock, no voltage, it's pretty well locked down.

well, the a55 is what we got so that's what we'll use.
right now I have run into another ugly issue, after about 30 minutes left idle the rig goes to sleep and will not wake up, power options are set to high perf. and set to never in both fields. there are no power options in bios so the only two things I can try are to backdate the bios from FE to FD and if that fails i'll have to install a video card. the lights on the keyboard and mouse remain lit.

Last edited:
6400K is like 1 core, 2 thread CPU :p ... that's why I took A8 6600K which is also magical but at least it has reasonable performance after OC ;) I have feeling that I will sell it and use Pentium G3258 , just have to compare performance in some, not many games that I play.

I don't think we can help you with this APU when most things are locked on the board/bios. I think it should make higher clock at 1.4V. My 6600K is running @4.7GHz at similar voltage.

woomack, manny, the thing will clock higher and better ram helps big time, we are walking through this for the noobs that come through, this side of the forum has been so slow even the putzen thread is still alive!!!! I may have jumped ship to intel, but amd is still far more fun to twist the knobs and push the buttons. on my intel rig, 4 hours and getting all it's ever going to get, boreing as all get out but one hell of a folding rig.

the sleep issue will just have to be, there is nothing that can be done, i have set wake on mouse and wake on keyboard to no avail.

here is a screenie with ram changed to 1600 cl7
, not that pretty at all, says warren zevon.

Attachments

• stock.JPG
    stock.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 194
Back