• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Haswell-E/X99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, Gaming 9 AC booted last night.. The kingston ram liked its rated 3K speeds @ 1.5v... (at 125 bclk)

MSI boards have that max x26.66 ratio while available ASUS boards have up to x32. I hope that MSI make improved BIOSes soon. So far last BIOS for my board is slower than the previous version. In CPU tests all seem fine but in memory is about 5GB/s slower in write bandwidth. It's weird as write bandwidth is related to CPU speed in this case.

Btw , can you make screenshot of full timing list @3000 on this Kingston kit ? There is MSI soft to set timings in Windows which is showing all timings and other soft should work too. AIDA64 has some problems with some DDR4 timings like CL is always wrong.

That is odd, the z97 OCF is easy enough to get here ?

I hope the x99 version is available soon, However no rush when it gets here it gets here, gives me time to nail down the kit as that is where I have the most questions, the Adata 2133 Cas13 may be promising along with the Crucial Kit

but have time to research , once the board is out I will pull the trigger on the Kit

Can't really do much with anything until October anyway

I'm still checking optimal settings. Maybe I will get something more for tests from DDR4 kits but I think it will be closer to October. I'm also not sure about my motherboard but if I will have any issues later then at least I won't lose much selling it.

Dino's ASUS board did the same thing with the 125 BCLK and 2800+ ram I thought?

I can screenshot that tonight, absolutely. :)

Yes, the ASUS X99-Deluxe defaults at 125 BCLK with anything over 2400 MHz memory installed. However, they just released a new BIOS that supposedly allows the faster memory to be used with a 100 BCLK. Haven't tested it yet though, busy with a couple other reviews right now. I'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can.

I saw X99 Deluxe result at 3200 memory clock with 100MHz bclk today so I bet it's that new BIOS.

Man that Rampage V is one sexy beast of a board. I think I'll be grabbing one as soon as the Egg gets re-stocked.

I haven't heard that one, and there are no boards on the market that support DDR3 (its a different pin count).

There is different memory controller and VR inside these CPUs so it won't work for sure. Probably next mid range series for 1150 will have option to use DDR3 or DDR4 but I bet that not on the same boards. In 3-5 months we will see 100 series chipsets.

All the high clocked 3000 and up is gone, anyone know where to get some c15 3000 G.Skills

can't find a vendor with them in stock ?

Ballistics C16 2400 hits new egg on the 19th

Plenty of Corsair C16 2800 available as well ?

Liking the G.Skill C15 3k set though

The egg also has Adata C13 2133 set but not until the 26th

All the high clocked 3000 and up is gone, anyone know where to get some c15 3000 G.Skills

can't find a vendor with them in stock ?

Ballistics C16 2400 hits new egg on the 19th

Plenty of Corsair C16 2800 available as well ?

Liking the G.Skill C15 3k set though

The egg also has Adata C13 2133 set but not until the 26th

Found them, just got done mowing the grass and did a quick check and they were in stock

Here they are if anyone else is in the market for a 3K Kit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231801

My five year old rig has been giving me some utterly random stability issues lately so I am holding out until next summer for my upgrade. I am also planning on using as much of my current build as possible, namely the PSU, DVD-rom, GPU, and hard drives. Everything else will be new. Need to save lots of money first though LOL. I can't wait to jump ship and rebuild my baby into something worthy of a photo shoot. :D

Here is my proposed platform:

CPU\Motherboard\RAM: ($1733.98 + Taxes)
Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5Ghz LGA-2011-3 CPU (TDP: 140 Watts) - $649.00 CAN
Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 - $524.99 CAN
Crucial Ballistix Sport Quad Channel 2400Mhz RAM (DDR4, 4 x 8Gb) - $559.99 CAN

Last edited:
RVE is great but I would stick to 5820K to save some money and put it into better graphics card or something.

RVE is great but I would stick to 5820K to save some money and put it into better graphics card or something.

I have no reason to upgrade from my GTX680 at the moment due to my screen size preference of 1080P and 23" due to my vision. I am not sure if I can go larger otherwise fonts in games would be hard to see at 1440P, for example.

The reason that I went for the 5930K is that the last PCi-E slot gets disabled when you use a 28-lane CPU as opposed to the 40-lane CPU's on the RVE, and I wanted to put a Xonar Essence STX in that slot in my case. Although I am more than willing to try the on-board audio on the RVE first once I have everything set up of course.

Wish me luck when the time comes. :D

Back