• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So does the Samsung SD390/590 PLS monitors fair for gaming ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolf11

I'm actually interested in either the Dell P2714H or SAMSUNG SD390/SD590 both 27''. I find the AG on the P2414H kinda heavy though they advertise it as light, I saw it first hand, plus it's to small. I want to get 27'' instead.

The P2714H has good reviews very low lag and good for gaming for a IPS monitor. I can't find reviews for SAMSUNG SD390/SD590.

I'm interested in Samsung the SD390/SD590 the only diff between is the 590 has more inputs. But would this PLS be good for gaming ? Even though they say 5ms GTG I want to know from someone if they are good.

Does Samsung use a lighter AG or pretty much the same as the Dell one ?

Which would you guys get if you were me and why ?

TFTCentral found the input lag for the 590 to be pretty high...

On the other side, the P2714H was found to have a very low lag on TFTCentral.

What about the SD390 will it be like the SD590 ? Another determining factor is the AG I found the AG on the Dell was kinda heavy I wonder if the Samsung is the same. I assume that the Dell is probably highly favored correct ?

Last edited:
What about the SD390 will it be like the SD590 ? Another determining factor is the AG I found the AG on the Dell was kinda heavy I wonder if the Samsung is the same. I assume that the Dell is probably highly favored correct ?

I believe so, they seem to use the same type of panel.

The Samsung is glossy, I believe.

I would prefer the Dell, yes. My U2414H's have been flawless for gaming.

ATMINSIDE you've been a great help. I returned the P2414H yesterday and want to get either the P2714H or the SD390/SD590. By the way the link you provided saying that the 590 was lagging thats 4k 590. I don't think there are any SD590 reviews for the PLS version that I'm interested in.

There actually is a review for the SD390 it's rated pretty good with low lag. I assume the 590 would be in the same ballpark.

http://pcmonitors.info/reviews/samsung-s24d390hl/

The thing that scares me about the 590 is the stand it's really ugly and why didn't they not include the option to add a visa mount mount stand.

I really like the P2714H but I find that the AG is kinda heavy. I've gaming on a HDTV that has semi gloss and I really believe that with the heavier AG it actually reduces the quality of the colors a bit. Your U2414H is really nice to bad they don't have it in 27'' correct me if I'm wrong isn't the AG really light on that monitor ?

Ah, sorry, didn't realize it was a different 590...

That 5.4ms is pretty solid.

Yeah, the AG is really light on my monitors.
Have you looked at the UZ2715H?

Back