• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dielectric grease VS Vaseline

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi all, I'm one of those who reported that the vaseline turned green and a few pins black. Well I know this sounds stupid, I was actually using Vaseline intensive skin care lotion. Ok before you laugh your *** off let me explain. Here where I live when people say vaseline, they refer to the skin care lotion. So when I read about vaseline working fine for condensation prevention, I was a bit skeptical but people assured me that it works. So I went off to use the wrong kinda vaseline. I have never heard or read of this Vaseline branded petroleum jelly and therefore used the wrong kind.

Miss_Man said:
Hi all, I'm one of those who reported that the vaseline turned green and a few pins black. Well I know this sounds stupid, I was actually using Vaseline intensive skin care lotion. Ok before you laugh your *** off let me explain. Here where I live when people say vaseline, they refer to the skin care lotion. So when I read about vaseline working fine for condensation prevention, I was a bit skeptical but people assured me that it works. So I went off to use the wrong kinda vaseline. I have never heard or read of this Vaseline branded petroleum jelly and therefore used the wrong kind.

WOW! That actually probably has small amount of water in it as well as 20 other possible compounds in it.

:D

I don't worry about RMA (I lost the warranty on my mobo the first day I got it hehehe) so I will go with the dielectric grease since I’m not planning ever to clean it. I was able to buy one (it’s called Dielectric Tune-up Grease) at Auto Zone as someone suggested.

Ohhh and Miss_Man I hope that your computer still works.

Thanks to all of you guys for help.

occool said:
I don't worry about RMA (I lost the warranty on my mobo the first day I got it hehehe)...

Now that's what I call an overclocker! :D

ok guys. for a lot of people's sake...lets call it PETROLEUM JELLY from now on! I know a lot of people that refer to skin care products as Vaseline. Just like "can i buy a coke?" instead of cola. or Vel-cro (spelling) as opposed to its proper name, hook and loop connectors/tape.

Back