• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why have I never played Planetside 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I keep hearing about this game. Finally checked out a video on Youtube. Looked awesome. Checked the price on Steam and saw it was FrEe! Kick-***. Was it a payed game before that was later made free a-la Half Life 2?

Nope, always been f2p from what I understand. The first planetside was pay though I believe.

You can buy "station cash" which can be used to get your unlocks quicker. Without paying real money it does take a long time to unlock new gear (especially if you're as bad as I am). But seriously, other than that, it's an incredible game for being free, and it's coming over to PS4 soon so I can play with my console friends finally.

Ok tried the game, chose terran. Ended up in some kind of training base where everyone was just sitting there and there was a blue "holodeck" grid in the sky.

Couldn't get into any real fighting. Graphics SUCK even on high... I understand it's MMO but seriously... ew. Still willing to give this a shot if someone can direct me to actual battle.

Ok tried the game, chose terran. Ended up in some kind of training base where everyone was just sitting there and there was a blue "holodeck" grid in the sky.

Couldn't get into any real fighting. Graphics SUCK even on high... I understand it's MMO but seriously... ew. Still willing to give this a shot if someone can direct me to actual battle.

If the graphics suck... you're not doing it right... :confused: Very gorgeous game haha

Ill help you out tomorrow, its kind of a pain honestly.

The thing you spawned inside is called a Warp Gate. Each team has a warp gate on each continent, from which you can redeploy and spawn vehicles/aircraft. As your team captures more territory, you'll gain more spawn points on each continent.

You can switch between continents in the map screen at the top, and switch spawn points on the left of the map screen.

Clicking "join a squad" or finding a squad in the social tab will let you jump right into battles as soon as you log in.

The game is a freakin blast. Get out of the warp gate :beer:

Oops totally forgot about this! PM me your steam id, and I'll walk you through it while you do it.

Dev goat highlighted the key points pretty well

I played it during the beta and was disappointed because it was so different then the first game. I haven't thought about playing it again.

I played it during the beta and was disappointed because it was so different then the first game. I haven't thought about playing it again.

You should:
  • Really nice looking game!
  • Fun and action packed
  • Easy to hook up to a squad
  • you dont need to buy station cash to level (been playing for months and never spent a cent)
  • Large large maps and loads of players on at any given time!
  • and best of all....
  • HUGE BATTLES!

Thanks for the help folks. Bob- I'll PM you my contact info after I get back from my vacation. I'm leaving Sunday and I'll be gone for a month. I won't be doing any gaming between now and then as I have to get things ready for my trip.

Missing my desktop... pittling along in Spain on 7mbps internet and an A4-5000 based laptop. You could hook a hamster wheel up to a pistachio with a copper wire around it and get better performance.

Back