• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT Phantom 410 custom watercooling + modding WORK LOG

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SimenGH

Registered
So, here we go people, I have decided to make a work log of my phantom 410 custom loop and eventually some modding too. :thup:

First things first, I have ordered an EKWB 2.2 x-res combo, with a preinstalled pump, and all my compression fittings needed (hopefully). Also got myself some water for the loop. Which means, i have not yet got all the cooling products, but i wanted to start anyways, cause i have some measuring to do, also you can see the case as of now. :D

This is my first work log, so no hate, i try my best!

Reason for doing this work log: Not seen many phantom 410's with custom watercooling and atleast not many worklogs, so i hope this may be a good one, to start the **** off, and show that it's possible!

Will post pics off the computer as it is now, later today, and maybe also some other stuff, so don't go anywhere! :)

Last but not least, system specs, and watercooling gear:

PC SPECS:
CASE: NZXT PHANTOM 410
zlzrwo.jpg

MOTHERBOARD: MSI 970A-G43
s2r8yx.jpg

CPU: AMD FX4350
2r56j9l.jpg

MEMORY/RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600gHz Kingston HyperX Na'vi limited edition (dont know what ram type, package says nothing, hmm.. :shrug: )
2ljp6vc.jpg

GPU: MSI GTX650 TI BOOST with twinfrozr.
33w5oxh.jpg

PSU: Corsair RM650W Modular
vdto4.jpg

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
2v0fxpl.jpg

For fans i go with 2x140 Corsair AF Blue LED, 4x120 Corsair AF (3 with blue LED's) and one nzxt 120mm that came with the case, very good to be stock, afficient and silent :thup:

Also have individually sleeved cables from Corsair.

WATERCOOLING:

RESERVOIR/PUMP: EK 2.2 x-res pump/res combo

RADIATOR: Alphacool NexXxos ST30 240mm

CPU BLOCK: Alphacool NexXxoS XP³ Light

TUBING: Masterkleer tubing 13/19mm 1/2 -3/4 inch tubing in BLUE.

Also last but not least gonna go with compression fittings from ekwb :)

See you guys later, thanks for checking out!

Please recommend thing i should do better!

ALSO, IS THERE ANY WORK LOG THREADS?

Last edited:
07.08.14 Hello again people!

9uxfyc.jpg
So I did some measuring and thinking out ways to make the loop look good and fit. Also measured for the PSU Cover which i hopefully will add later!

Here are some pictures of the case:

BY NIGHT:
j7qcm8.jpg

15nsh90.jpg

IN DAYLIGHT:
ixfukn.jpg

And this is the watercooling setup i think of doing, for slick looks: :thup:
2lbygow.jpg

At this point, I am basically just waiting for $$$ to roll into my pocket so i can order the remaining things for the loop. Will also put up a pic of the pump when i get that!

Be sure so sub if you like the idea, and you won't miss a single bit!

See you guys later!

08.08.14 NEW EDIT:

311qrfr.jpg
So my friend came over and we dremeled out the bottom hdd cage, preparing for the 30mm thick rad to go in front intake. We also mounted the hdd on bottom 120mm fan intake, just to the right of the psu, but i have not got a pic of that yet. I must say, I am happy with the things done so far.

also a little tip for you guys: It's easier to drill out rivets, than using a blade on the dremel, found that out the hard way, but didn't do any damage to the case though, only the hdd cage.

See you guys later, hopefully will have all watercooling gear soon! :) :thup:

Last edited:
Hey again guys!

fe4dj5.jpg
So i got home from a local lan with my buddies today, and when i checked the mail, i had gotten my Res/pump combo + my fittings, and it all works great, just tested it, and i thought I would upload some pics for u guys while waiting for my last products!

The EK 2.2 X-RES:
It came in a neat little package
35lxo9h.jpg

Pump/res with accessories
29wvc42.jpg

EK PSC-fittings:
Very nice looking these fittings
fntc2.jpg

All of them in this picture.
j63bsh.jpg

I'm verry happy with all of the stuff i got, looks great! Can't wait to use it! :thup:

Sorry for bad picture quality, i took them with my iPhone cause of bad battery on the camera. And i rescaled them a bit.

Thanks for tuning in!

Last edited:
Hey guys, long time no see!
I got my parts today and I was super exicted to get this going :D
Even though i had planned out everything, something had to not go my way, so the rad was a bit too big, because the screw mounts for the 2x120mm fans intake in front are a bit higher than the floor, so the rad had to be pushed through the fan bay, which says itself, dremel-time! But not even that went as planned...

So, lets go from the top!
Here is the package it came in, pretty standard.
svus.jpg

Aquatuning also included these small gummy-bears which were really tasty! +1 :thup:
2959sic.jpg

Here are some pictures from unboxing it!

292r140.jpg
Cpu block and rad in it's packaging.

10o1ms4.jpg
Cpu block unboxed, it's a Alphacool NexXxos xp light

a45q83.jpg
All of the stuff unboxed, tubing, rad and cpu block.

Now it's time to start building the watercooling-system!
First i was thinking of dremeling out half the bottom of the DVD-drive bay, like said above, but then i found it easier to just stick the rad in underneat since it got just as much cooling and it made the installation much easier, so i went with that.
I thought that extra tube showing was gonna be ugly but it actually got pretty clean!

xlz3fn.jpg
CPU block with fittings mounted, very clean fittings!

After mounting the cpu block, i mounted the pump in the dvd-drive bay, and put some silent foam tape for it to sit there, and it's actually very silent, my fans are louder on medium fan control setting!

10mkdjq.jpg
First tube of my life ever put in a build, from cpu to res.

I used some time to find some tricks for the hard and tight mounting space for this case, but after 20-40 minutes of tube fitting, they were all in place!

24q4wi1.jpg
All tubes inside the case, looks clean eh?

So now that everything should be ready to be filled, i grabbed my distilled water and a tube, and i made this kinda funny DYI funnel to fill the water, and it worked:
10eh92b.jpg
DYI Funnel 2 stronk

I used a cooler master 600w power supply to power the pump while filling, and i kept filling until the res held water enough so that the pump didn't need to have more for filling.

So, i guess this is one of the only NZXT Phantom 410 custom watercooling build logs around, and i guess i have also proven that it is possible with a bit of modding! Thank you guys for tuning in to the log, have a good gaming life!

Here are some shots when the pc was running, and also some nightshots! (Sorry for the very bad pics, taken with an iPhone)

Enjoy!

11kzifo.jpg

mjlu00.jpg

28tjss4.jpg

2lc4zp.jpg

Again, thanks for tuning in!

-Simen

Last edited:
Subbed. Can't wait to see your project take off. :thup:

I also requested for your thread be moved to the appropriate section of the thread where the rest of the build logs are housed. :salute:

So, now that I'm done with the watercooling project, what do you guys think? I think it looks really clean, also it keeps the water very cold!

:salute:

Looks great! The white case with the blue lighting is really nice.

That 240 should keep that quad core plenty cool, overclock her to the moooon! ;)

Looks great! The white case with the blue lighting is really nice.

That 240 should keep that quad core plenty cool, overclock her to the moooon! ;)

Acutally Speedfan (the program i control the pump with) tells me it's around 40 degrees celius when Idling... Speccy tells me it's 9 decgrees on average though, so I'm confused.. :shrug:

Have you tried Real Temp? Usually works well with intel chips.

I wouldn't believe anything that is under ambient temp. Food for thought. ;)

Have you tried Real Temp? Usually works well with intel chips.

I wouldn't believe anything that is under ambient temp. Food for thought. ;)

I run an amd cpu though :p

Ran prime95 stress test yesterday and it didn't go over 65 degrees celsius, so i don't think ill worry bout it! :)

I run an amd cpu though :p

Ran prime95 stress test yesterday and it didn't go over 65 degrees celsius, so i don't think ill worry bout it! :)

Ah sorry. I got confused with another thread I was responding too. My apologizes for the mix up. :salute:

Back