• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue Lines on one monitor only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bayflats

Registered
Hi All,

I have just bought a new R9-270X. I have a dual monitor setup, a Dell 2408 at 1920x1280 and a Dell 2007 at 1600x1200. The problem is that sometimes after bootup the 2007 starts getting faint vertical blue lines that steadily become thicker and there is also some stuttering until the monitor shuts off and restarts. Upon restart its all fine and remains that way. The main monitor (2408) is fine all the way through.

Just wondering if the issue is a GPU or monitor issue?

Tks

Sounds like a monitor thing.

Did you switch the monitors around? (put the 2408 on the port the 2007 was on) see if it does that to the 2408. That'll narrow it down to GPU or monitor like I think it is.

As Silver said, you need to narrow down the problem by swapping cables and inputs (graphics and the monitor).

How old is the 2007?

Thanks for the suggestions. I switched the ports around and the problem persisted. Then I switched out the DVI cable for a new one and it seems to have done the trick. Monitor is behaving!
Will let you know if it acts up again.

Thanks.

Back