• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking R7 250x wont make anydiffrence!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran

i increase Mhz 10+ and check temps on keyboard and don't move character on tomb raider, on ultimate, the fps stays 17fps, incrased it by 100mhz and no diffrence was made, i press apply, after i overclocked more, i alt-tabed to tombraider, screen was black, i had hard attack and hold power button but its fine now ! but anyway 100-120mhz wont make anydiffrence, why im not noticing anything?! i tought i should gain like 4 fps by now ! ,

also how risky is this, how does a GPU die in process of OC, is it danger at all?

i also made power control 20%

To see difference you have to OC it higher , 10MHz never makes any difference, 100MHz will give you up to 10% what in TR is like 3-4 FPS max ( not always average but there is a benchmark so you can check ). When you exit the game then sometimes performance is dropping.
Anyway this graphics card is not designed to play new games in the highest details.
My card was scalling good with clock so about 10% higher FPS at 1100MHz and about 20% at 1200MHz. Still in more demanding games it's like 2-3 FPS more just because average or minimum FPS is pretty low ( usually below 20 ).

If you want to play new titles in higher details but don't need tessellation then just turn it off in the driver options. It should give you much higher FPS when switched to high details.

To see difference you have to OC it higher , 10MHz never makes any difference, 100MHz will give you up to 10% what in TR is like 3-4 FPS max ( not always average but there is a benchmark so you can check ). When you exit the game then sometimes performance is dropping.
Anyway this graphics card is not designed to play new games in the highest details.
My card was scalling good with clock so about 10% higher FPS at 1100MHz and about 20% at 1200MHz. Still in more demanding games it's like 2-3 FPS more just because average or minimum FPS is pretty low ( usually below 20 ).

If you want to play new titles in higher details but don't need tessellation then just turn it off in the driver options. It should give you much higher FPS when switched to high details.
i know, im just doing it for fun, i dont really play high graphic games much, i sometimes rarely play some gomes ! and daily hearthstone and tf2 :)

is it safe to oc higher? how can i see if its safe , and can you tell me about safety?

edit: ok after some more oc i got 1 or 2 more fps, its near 1200 and 4800 memory , i also disabled tressFX, maybe crysis 3 is better to test, or just i will download some benchmark tomarrow !

the only question now is safety, and does power control do anything with voltage? im gonna usage msi afterburn instead of guru now !

btw my 7750 gave like 5 more fps with small OC i remember! i made it around 1200 1100 or someting, max the software let me!

Last edited:
Now I might be speaking with a forked tongue here, but in my experience (using my AMD 7970 on my i7 920 @3.03ghz) I don't believe the game was completely optimized properly. I was able to max TR out in settings and pull an average 55fps, however in certain sections of the game, I pulled maybe 1 FPS. It was INCREDIBLY painful and no amount of alt-tabbing worked.
For example, there's a section where Lara drops into a section filled with blood in a cave and you end up wading/running through it. FPS was pulling 55fps like normal until about half-way through the water and then the game crippled itself. It was five minutes of pushing "forward" and having the game "jump" every few seconds to where the character moved ahead. Once out of the water and up a stairwell, the game corrected itself. This behavior repeated in a few other cave-type areas for no rhyme or reason.
Just my thoughts! ^_^

Back