• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E-power and evbot help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsuperbgx

Benching Team Leader
I am trying to get this working, but having issues. I have never used either until now. This raspberry pi needs moar volts....

First question, does the evbot come with the correct firmware for epower use, or do I have to flash it?

Last edited:
Make sure you close all other programs in Windows, such as Everest, CPUz, Eleet and just basically nothing running. Then Flash the firmware, to prevent any SMBUS authority conflicts.

How to flash your EVBot for GTX 780 Classified using the GPU EVBot port.

1. Download the EVBot flash tool and firmware here: http://www.evga.com/articles/00521/

2. Save it to a thumb drive or your desktop.

3. Plug the EVBot cable into the GPU

4. Open the flashing app, select the firmware you want to use

5. Now press and hold the power button on the top of the EVBot, continue to hold the power button as you plug the cable in the EVBot's MB port. Continue to hold the power button until the EVBot display reads "flash mode"

6. Now click "OK" on the flash app to begin the flash. The EVBot screen will flash on and off during the flash.

7. Once the flash is complete, simply unplug the EVBot and plug it back in and it's ready to use.

I turn on power supply and it outputs .9 v. If I try to make any changes, it says "fail". How do I set startup voltages for epower? I saw directions somewhere, but I cannot find it now.

IMG_20140809_151216_zps9gvipymp.jpg

I guess I have to dig around and see if I have an evga gpu...
It says evga w888 when I first turn it on. What do I flash it to for epower?

Here, I hope this helps :thup:

If you don't have an EVGA motherboard and want to use EvBot to flash your GPU:
Windows Installation
Download the .zip file below:
EVBot GPU Flasher 1.0.0.2
Connect the EVBot cable to the MB port located on the EVBot device.
Connect the other end of the EVBot cable to your graphics card.
Extract contents of above .zip file and run EVBotFlashTool.exe
Select the bundled .hex file for flashing.
Hold down the EVBot POWER button for 7 seconds until you see the EVBot screen display FLASH MODE.
Click OK in EVBot Flash Tool to being the flashing process.
After flash is complete, unplug EVBot, then plug it back in to any EVBot port.
Warning:
**Do not restart or interrupt your PC while the flash is ongoing

I found this:
12.For voltage adjustment on EPOWER use EVGA EVBOT with 680
CLASSIFIED VGA firmware. Useful to set OCP limit to Extreme when
overclocking
So which firmware is the w888?

LOL, That's crazy :rofl:

Do you know how to write firmware? Using JDev or NetBeans :D

You might be able to mod it :)

Last edited:
the thing is evbot is don't recognize the pi that i know of -super no hard mod for e-power?at least your getting default voltage to the pi so hard mod might be easier if you can find pdf on voltage regulater for e-power

ok, I found this info so I can overvolt raspberry pi on epower without use of evbot. So I am at 1.680V on raspberry pi and working clocks up. Cooled by SS. :)

http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2389

EVGA EPOWER CLASSIFIED VID switch settings:

"1" - ON
"0" - OFF

1234[VID position]
0000 : 900 mV
1000 : 945 mV
0100 : 1000 mV
0011 : 1100 mV
1100 : 1050 mV
1010 : 1155 mV
0110 : 1210 mV
1110 : 1260 mV
0001 : 1315 mV
1001 : 1365 mV
0101 : 1415 mV
1101 : 1475 mV
0010 : 1525 mV
1011 : 1580 mV
0111 : 1625 mV
1111 : 1680 mV

I don't know if everyone followed what I was doing here. If you look at the picture above, you can see the raspberry pi and a couple of wires that go to the epower. The epower is similar to a voltage section of a gpu.
I bypassed the voltage area on the raspberry pi by removing a component, then solder on the leads of the epower. This allows me to adjust voltage and increase voltage far above what is normal for the core voltage on the raspberry pi. Therefore I can overclock further, given the increased cooling of the single stage (-30C.)

i already improved my score a bit, but just ruined my o/s, so now I start over...

If anyone has info on the evbot use with the epower I am still interested in that info.
Thanks.

I want to give a big thanks to ATMINSIDE for flashing my evbot to the correct firmware for my epower. I am excited to make this raspi scream!

For anyone interested, the correct firmware for the evbot for epower is found here It is the v0025 firmware.

Of course all six of us are watching this (pun on the poll you posted ) can't wait to see what you can do good luck super

EDIT- wow on the miss spell hope all good now

Last edited:
Didn't realized this thread existed till now!

You're welcome bud, give're Hell!

Back