• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHAT A DEAL AM3+ WAS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I just boxed up the last of my amd, am3+ stuff to ship out, I never thought i would see the day I would not have an am3+ rig in the house.
What A deal it was to, you can buy one top end board and lots of used cpu's and look at choice you have, Deneb in it's many flavors, Thuban and it's many flavors and one of the best cpu's you could pick, bulldozer, weak as a baby but all the knobs and buttons.
pile driver and it's flavors.

so long to a very good friend, all told you were as cheap of a play toy as I could have bought.

They get the job done usually... I'd rather have intel.... but too late for that :D

I just boxed up the last of my amd, am3+ stuff to ship out, I never thought i would see the day I would not have an am3+ rig in the house.
What A deal it was to, you can buy one top end board and lots of used cpu's and look at choice you have, Deneb in it's many flavors, Thuban and it's many flavors and one of the best cpu's you could pick, bulldozer, weak as a baby but all the knobs and buttons.
pile driver and it's flavors.

so long to a very good friend, all told you were as cheap of a play toy as I could have bought.

What do you have now? It does seem that 4790K is the best to go when it comes to many things. Even though someone said that the TIM isn't better than what came with 4770Ks, IIRC.

I have a 4790k/ asrock extreme9 rig and i love it, but i know broadwell will be the end of this socket.
I only ditched amd due to the fact that they have no new toys for me, had they come out with an am3+ steamroller I would still have a rig for it.

Mr. scott, i feel like one. the things even caused me to start a thread that has gone on for a year and a half and it's stuffed with more info than many of us need.
if amd decides to come out with another cpu I'll be the first one on the block, but I don't hold out much hope as I think we are at the end of desktop.

I was just teasing you.
I run both, even though at heart I'm an AMD fan.

:rofl: That made me laugh!

Mr. scott, i feel like one. the things even caused me to start a thread that has gone on for a year and a half and it's stuffed with more info than many of us need.
if amd decides to come out with another cpu I'll be the first one on the block, but I don't hold out much hope as I think we are at the end of desktop.

The desktop isn't quite dead yet but some of what I read doesn't really sound too promising, TBH. As long as they don't start SOC for the desktop we'll be fine. I think I've heard rumours of INTEL heading that way. Maybe that's where AMD can hold onto a niche market??

you just look around you, all the kids have and want mobile, they are not buying desktops they want evereything on the phone, I say the forks in.

yep, if it's not on the phone it's on a tablet. Hell, my youngest doesn't even get books in school anymore. They issue iPads! Crazy world we have created.

no pencils, no paper, they look it up on the phone, sheeeees! I still use an old slide rule.

No blackboards. Not even dry erase boards for these kids. They have Promethean boards. They are smart boards. Essentially touch screens attached to desktops in each class room. It's over the top rediculous.

EDIT: sorry for the Jack!

and we wonder why they are all stupid gimmas, they don't have to use a brain, they just draw it fron internet storage, and they can't figure out if the info they are getting is half correct, they just don't learn to think about it.

You're not the only one jumping ship it seems. I'm just going to hold onto my 9370 until it can no longer give me performance for gaming. If I HAVE to swallow the Intel bullet, I'll probably go with IVY-E six core and x79. After x99 is out and everyone dumps their old stuff of course.

This has ruined my day. At least I can still upgrade to the FX-9590 from the fx 6300- so there is some hope- I would hate to see my motherboard become a relic.

In my house both my gaming rig, and my girlfriend's son's computer are AM3/AM3+ systems, as well as my VMware lab, so I won't be leaving that platform any time soon.

Back