• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SO OVER COOLANT DYES

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
here's why

Attachments

• PIC_1014.JPG
    PIC_1014.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Never used it, never will. Once a year cleaning the crap out of my loop is enough for me. If you want flashy, lights are more than enough. I see no reason other than showing off to add dyes.

Never used it, never will. Once a year cleaning the crap out of my loop is enough for me. If you want flashy, lights are more than enough. I see no reason other than showing off to add dyes.

Amen

Distilled water and a silver coil is the way to go !!

Welcome!

Be sure to read the forum stickies on watercool.......... oh wait, you have been here for two years already..... and you still got DIE? The heck???!!!!!! :p

I tried Dead Water for a while until I found blue crystals gunking up the pins of my water block. I even pre-mixed the batch before filling according to directions.
Now it's steam distilled and a silver coil for me!

I guess if you count the olden days of pond pumps, heatercores and a dash of anti-freeze, it had dye at one time, but never since then.

I tried Dead Water for a while until I found blue crystals gunking up the pins of my water block.

Really? Well I've been using deadwater, 4 drops, in my loop with a kill coil. Ever since I installed the additional 480mm rad my flow went from 1.0 GPM now down to 0. There is obviously blockage. I am even more curious myself if I will find blue crystals in my channels as well.

Windshield washer fluid. Withstands some chilling and is Blue. Good stuff if you want color and no additives. Right from the bottle yo!

CD, when I read your subject line I thought you had over-filled you reservoir with coolant and caused the death of the system by electrocution. LOL, "die" has multiple meanings.:rofl:

We can forgive him the misspelling though, cause hey, he drives a Cadillac (assuming that's where the moniker comes from).
Righteous ride!

only 2 caddis worth owning, any 53 and any 59.

I got the name years ago when i used to collect them, then they got to be worth some real money so I sold them all.

I guess if you count the olden days of pond pumps, heatercores and a dash of anti-freeze, it had dye at one time, but never since then.

Well now I feel "old".
I've been toying with the idea of dusting off the old pump and heater cores. Pretty sure I've still got the old bottle of anti freeze as well.

c daddi - you got any dye left? only I fancies some groovy shirts for next summer :D

coloured tubing and acetate wrap from the electronics store... way to groove :cool:

Back