• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini Gaming PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BRIMCV

Hi ,

I have been out of the PC build / overclocking community for a long time and as such have lost touch with the current systems/components etc.

I was looking for some advice for a MINI Gaming PC.

Typically i like games like Total War, Skyrim, FPS and FSX is their any reccomendations for components to use... Typical budget of around £750

I'd look at an LGA 1150 i5, GTX 770, and an EVGA Hadron Air.

The size difference between the two are significant with ITX being a lot smaller... so you want an example of both?

I'd look at an LGA 1150 i5, GTX 770, and an EVGA Hadron Air.

The Hadron case seems pretty expensive given his budget. I'd be more inclined to look at one of Bitfenix's offerings. But the i5/770 seems like the right balance for this budget.

I would also add on you will most likely want a modular PSU, because cable management in a MiniITX or MicroATX case with a non-modular PSU is a freaking pain.

The Hadron case seems pretty expensive given his budget. I'd be more inclined to look at one of Bitfenix's offerings. But the i5/770 seems like the right balance for this budget.

I would also add on you will most likely want a modular PSU, because cable management in a MiniITX or MicroATX case with a non-modular PSU is a freaking pain.

Seems expensive? It's a steal given the PSU that comes with it :confused:

The PSU included is nice, I'll give you that. And I suppose to get an equal-quality PSU and Case would probably run about the same price. I guess it really is a fair price in GBP. I under-estimated the conversion from USD, and when I saw the case was creeping towards $200 USD, it seemed like a lot. But 110 GBP is a decent chunk of the overall for this budget, given that it is two major components.

The PSU included is nice, I'll give you that. And I suppose to get an equal-quality PSU and Case would probably run about the same price. I guess it really is a fair price in GBP. I under-estimated the conversion from USD, and when I saw the case was creeping towards $200 USD, it seemed like a lot. But 110 GBP is a decent chunk of the overall for this budget, given that it is two major components.

If you assume 50 GBP for a nicer case and 50 GBP for a good 500W PSU it really does equal out quickly.

If you take this build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/wkcMMp
And add an EVGA GTX 770 for 250GBP (02G-P4-2774-KR)

You end up over budget, but can easily drop to a lower motherboard and shave 30 GPB and even drop the SSD if necessary.
For gaming I would drop the SSD over dropping from a 770.

You could also consider a 280x more in the 200 GBP range, and the performance should be pretty similar in most instances. Certainly a consideration at this budget, as it would free up space for Windows, SSD, peripherals, etc.

You could get some used parts. I have my backup rig (in sig) I just put together with the psu and case being the only new stuff I bought. Yeah it doesnt have an SSD or a crazy cpu, but that can be resolved quickly. SSD will come in some weeks. The cpu will be overclocked once I get my loop all purchased :)

I have spent $465 USD. I reused the HDD and RAM. Just look around and you can find some used stuff that will allow for a bigger budget on a GPU

Back