• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Keyboard stutters, keys randomly unresponsive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erik89

Hello again.

I recently bought a new wireless keyboard and mouse set, the rapoo 8900, but I've been having some problems.

When I'm gaiming the keys will randomly become unresponsive. For example: When I'm sprinting in BF4, I will suddenly stop even though my fingers never left the keys. The same goes for crouching, where I will suddenly stand up. It seems to happen almost every time I press and hold down keys. It seems like the kind of thing you would expect from a nearly drained battery, or being out of range, but I have tried several batteries and the receiver is only 0,5 m from the keyboard (a glass plate is between the receiver and the keyboard.

Any ideas to what might be wrong?

EDIT: 0,5 m not 0,5 cm

Last edited:
Is it using 2.4GHz wireless?

If so, do you have a router, home wireless phone, or microwave nearby?

Are all your USB drivers installed and up to date?
What about your motherboard BIOS?

I installed the drivers for the keyboard from the manufacturer website, and the bios is the latest..

The only USB drivers listed on the motherboard support site are USB 3 drivers, which are installed. I have tried using the receiver in the USB 3 slot (internal USB 3 -> USB 2) and in USB 2 slots..

All looks good there, the USB 2.0 driver would have been included with the Chipset INF.

Have you tried the keyboard/mouse in another PC?

I noticed something when plugin in and unplugging the keyboard. When I plug it in it is completely fine for 10-15 seconds, but then it degrades until I cant play anymore.. Does this mean anything?

I haven't seen it happen like that.
Did it do the same on the other computer?

No, the other computer was fine.. It is even affecting writing now:s I'm gonna look into USB power saving settings, and try a shorter distance between receiver and sender..

I've disabled the "USB selective suspend setting", I'll see how that works out.

The suspend settings did nothing. I guess the next step will be to get a extension cable for the USB.

Back