• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Mini DisplayPort carry same bandwidth/quality as DisplayPort?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GearingMass

My Dell monitor came with a DisplayPort cable that has full size DisplayPort on one side, and Mini DisplayPort on the other side.

Will that carry the full benefits as if both sides were full size Display Port or should I go by a full/full size DisplayPort cable? Or an HDMI cable for that matter...

In most cases I would agree, but this is pretty cut and dry. I did some googling for a few minutes and that was about the best I could find. Its all sourced so... if that wasn't enough, I don't have the time at this second to look deeper... sorry.

In most cases I would agree, but this is pretty cut and dry. I did some googling for a few minutes and that was about the best I could find. Its all sourced so... if that wasn't enough, I don't have the time at this second to look deeper... sorry.

Haha no no, I was just messing around. I'll probably pick up a full size DP or HDMI cable later, but it'll do fine for now.

Thanks, though.

Back