• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vertical lines - Radeon HD 7950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bogdancool41

I tried to play some games yesterday and all of them crashed in about 5 minutes .
I don't have any RAM / PSU problems I'm sure . I tried RAM tests , passed them . I have this PC setup since october 2013 and I had a similar problem when i changed my monitor .
The problem was my HDMI cable was not plugged well , so i plugged it back then and everything was nice until now.
All these problems occurred when I changed my monitor. (I think the monitor is not confied right)
I don't have any PSU , I changed my monitor like 2 months ago , after changing it i had a problem with the HDMI cable (same problem , but this time it was not the cable) , I fixed it , played for 2 days some games . I was gone until yesterday and now I arrived and I looked up for the problem . I got the drivers from AMD official website . I tried older versions too . I don't really think is something about PSU , because it worked pretty good like 6 months ago with the same one . This problem appears in the 3D enviroment.
I also want to point out that yesterday I played some minecraft and i saw that there were no vertical lines/BSOD/blackscreen , but i encountered something new...
the_art_of_gpu_bugs_by_bogdancool41-d7uwxb5.jpg

System:
CPU:
Amd FX-8350 4.00 GHz
GPU:
Amd Sapphire Radeon HD7950 Boost Dual-X 3GB DDR5 384-bit DisplayPort
Motherboard:
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Memory:
8GB Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz
Primary Storage Device:
Seagate 7200 rpm HDD
Optical Drive:
LG GH24NSB0
Power Supply:
Sirtec - High Power 500 Watt
Case:
Thermaltake Chaser A31
Windows 7 Ultimate
Mouse:
Mad Catz R.A.T 7
Display:
Samsung T28C570
Keyboard:
Natec Genesis RX22
Headset:
Somic G927

You state that you don't think your monitor is configured correctly. Try setting it up to some default state. Recheck all your connections. And post up something about your cooling. You're running your CPU @ 4Ghz; is it cooled properly? Higher end 3D gaming demand higher end cooling. Be sure your case is properly ventilated, plenty of air flow throughout.

What are your ambient temps? How about temps while gaming on both the GPU and CPU?

what drivers are you using?
I have the 14.4 driver, but I tried 12.4 same , 13.4 same , but I have not tried the one from the CD .
What are your ambient temps? How about temps while gaming on both the GPU and CPU?
My temps are :
CPU
Idle:42
Watch_dogs: 71 < The highest temperature I can score in a game
CPU
Idle:36
Watch_dogs: 81 < The highest temperature I can score in a game
I had a crash that was caused by alsysio64.sys today so I wanted to point this out also.

Last edited:
Try the 14.7 drives. That got rid of my artifacts. Just make sure you remove all previous drives. I removed all of them and disabled my internet connection because windows keep installing 12.xx drives. Removed drivers from installed programs (restart required) , then went device manger then uninstall drives completely and then installed 14.7 what finally worked for me.

Try the 14.7 drives. That got rid of my artifacts. Just make sure you remove all previous drives. I removed all of them and disabled my internet connection because windows keep installing 12.xx drives. Removed drivers from installed programs (restart required) , then went device manger then uninstall drives completely and then installed 14.7 what finally worked for me.
Ok I will try right now!

Ok , the driver did not resolved the problem , but it lasted longer ... 17 minutes

Do you use core temp? If you do uninstall it. Read some where than can cause the alsysio64.sys

Does it crash on benchmarks like Valley Benchmark?

What are your VRM temps on the GPU? Use hwinfo or GPU-Z to get those temps.

Maybe connect a dvi cable instead hdmi?

Do you use core temp? If you do uninstall it. Read some where than can cause the alsysio64.sys

Does it crash on benchmarks like Valley Benchmark?

What are your VRM temps on the GPU? Use hwinfo or GPU-Z to get those temps.

Maybe connect a dvi cable instead hdmi?
I resolved alsysio64.sys.
It crashes on any benchmark.
I have GPU-Z , but how do I get the temperatures ?
I will also try with DVI when I will get one

Back