• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

290x Lightning Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1 - 1.15

2 - 1.14

Keep adding it

it will turn yellow if questionable and red when it is going to melt :)

I am one setting below yellow on both and this.

Attachments

• DSC00816.JPG
    DSC00816.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
LOL, whoa...

I do not believe a CPU can do that (cause artifacts). So you have been folding on this since you got it or......?

LOL, whoa...

I do not believe a CPU can do that (cause artifacts). So you have been folding on this since you got it or......?

Yes I have. I stated in original post that I would get screens like that.:eh?:

No help ?

set back to auto or where you had before, is this system overclocked ? try a touch of core and see.

Take two stix out and try dual channel , if it works try the other two stix in it's place

see what happens

That is why I thought problem was in video card area. I think this card should be able to run full load and be able to watch a video.

Yes I have. I stated in original post that I would get screens like that.:eh?:

You stated that you get "screens like this"
"This" being an 0x1A BSOD.

A BSOD with artifacting is not the same thing remotely...

Have you tried downclocking the GPU?

No help ?

set back to auto or where you had before, is this system overclocked ? try a touch of core and see.

Take two stix out and try dual channel , if it works try the other two stix in it's place

see what happens

This is not cpu related. I don.t think it is memory related either.

You stated that you get "screens like this"
"This" being an 0x1A BSOD.

A BSOD with artifacting is not the same thing remotely...

Have you tried downclocking the GPU?

Even at stock settings it does this. It started with the artifacting screens..then once and a while would get the bsod.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not cpu related. I don.t think it is memory related either.

The information in the OP pointed toward Memory or IMC, which is why we were chasing that.

Even at stock settings it does this. It started with the artifacting screens..then once and a while would get the bsod.

Same question, did you downclock?
If the issue goes away with a downclocking from stock speeds then it's RMA time.

The information in the OP pointed toward Memory or IMC, which is why we were chasing that.

I stated this in OP.
Sometimes if I try to watch Netflix or play a movie using VLC Player or windows media I get a screen that looks plaid full of pixels.

Same question, did you downclock?
If the issue goes away with a downclocking from stock speeds then it's RMA time.

Yes at default settings it does same thing.

Also card runs fine when gaming or even running benches such as firestrike or Heaven. Only happens when card is running F@H and I try to play video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it play video fine without running F@H? Have you attempted to lower the intensity and does it stop with that?

Does it play video fine without running F@H? Have you attempted to lower the intensity and does it stop with that?

Have not changed any F@H settings. It plays videos without a problem when not folding.

Yeah, drop that slider down to take some of the load off the GPU and see if it still happens.

Its weird because that BSOD code is a memory/IMC code in most cases. I have seen it mean vcore as well, but this is in LN2 range and CPU overclocking and has nothing to do with the GPU.

As I said, when I was F@H with that card for a short time myself, my desktop would lag... so jack that slider down and see if it frees up enough resources from the card to watch videos and F@H. ;)

Yeah, drop that slider down to take some of the load off the GPU and see if it still happens.

Just changed from Full to Medium. Will see what happens once gpu starts folding. Do you know if there is a way to just change gpu setting or does slider change both.

Not sure how that slider works... after changing it though, just check CPU and GPU use and that will tell you.

When I move the slider the gpu stops and does not restart.

Stop folding. reboot and do not start folding. Move the slider to medium, THEN start folding and see if that works.

Like I said though, while folding CPU and GPU (that exact setup mind you sans board) my desktop was even laggy...Im not sure if the WUs are killing the GPU or what but... get that medium working (may be best in the folding section to ask that if you can't get it working independently) and see what that result is.

Back