• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long should I wait?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

Ordered some stuff from newegg on July 31st. I used their super egg saver shipping, because I thought I can wait a week... They shipped it via dhl who gave a tracking number, but then tendered it to usps on August 5th in Kentucky (about 4 hours from my place). When do I get upset here? I expected "slow" but this is getting ridiculous...is it supposed to take this long?

That's a pretty damn long time for a shipment, I normally wouldn't expect longer than 5 days. Do you have any additional shipping information?

Nope, just says "tendered to usps".

ATMINSIDE , what do I say? I have almost no information to give.

As far as newegg, I'm not so upset at them, they did their part as far as I'm concerned, so I don't wanna bark up their tree without a good reason.

Say what you said here...If USPS is a dead end, then go to DHL with the information USPS gave you.

Call USPS or go to your local Post Office.

I hate the DHL > USPS shipping. I had a package from Newegg stuck at the USPS facility @ the Cincinnati/Northern KY airport for 7 days

Call USPS or go to your local Post Office.

I hate the DHL > USPS shipping. I had a package from Newegg stuck at the USPS facility @ the Cincinnati/Northern KY airport for 7 days

thats where its stuck! haha

I've had the same issue. Talked to my actual mail person and she had it for me the next day. Coincidence? Not likely.

The first thing I ordered for my first build in 2011 was shipped "EggSaver" and it took a month to get here. When it said "tendered to USPS" it stayed there for three weeks before they actually shipped it to my local post office. Then it arrived on a Saturday and I didn't know until the post office had already closed and I couldn't pick it up until Monday. :(

Since then it only takes about 5 days to get here with the EggSaver shipping. Sometimes it arrives in 3.

I wound up getting it Friday after contacting usps. Never ever going to use "eggsaver" again. That was ludicrous!

Back