• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED gpu priority

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Running a 290x lightning and 4930k cpu. I need to set the gpu so it does not fold at 100%. When I move slider from Full to Medium the gpu stops folding and will not restart. Is there a way to set just gpu to less then 100%

Last edited:
Nope. Since it's exceedingly rare for two GPU-intensive applications to be running at the same time, there's never been any effort spent to make GPU scheduling akin to how CPU scheduling works. It would take some combination of OS changes and GPU driver updates to make that happen.

if it's for a heat issue, I have to underclock and under volt the cards a little

Running a 290x lightning and 4930k cpu. I need to set the gpu so it does not fold at 100%. When I move slider from Full to Medium the gpu stops folding and will not restart. Is there a way to set just gpu to less then 100%

It's all or nothing for GPU folding.
Either 100% load or not folding..

It's something I wish F@H had, but GPU control like that's just isn't there :(

Back