• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tall monitor arm mount

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FoldingAddict

Intel Fanboy
Wasn't sure where else to put this, here it is.

I am trying to replicate this setup below. Problem is I can't use one of the many quad monitor mounts out there because my 3 Dell primary monitors are non-VESA capable (stupid). So I need a monitor arm that is tall enough to extend the 4th (center top) monitor to sit ABOVE the center monitor (bottom).

I've looked at several arms but finding out how high the extension is overall seems to be difficult.

So has anyone done what I'm trying to do or has any recommendations?

The 3 bottom monitors are these.

Top center monitor is this HP touch screen.

3477764911_e481a30150_o.jpg

What about mounting a pivot arm to the wall behind your desk instead of trying to get a tall arm?

My pyramid mount is from EasyMountLCD, I've been very impressed with it. Great pricing as well.

I should have mentioned, I'm in an apartment and really don't want to drill holes in the wall. I had thought of something similar already and was trying to stay away from it. :(

I would look into 80/20 or similar structural framing to create the skeleton, and use some basic mount that has pivot/swivel option.

HERE is something to give you an idea.

I would look into 80/20 or similar structural framing to create the skeleton, and use some basic mount that has pivot/swivel option.

HERE is something to give you an idea.

Instead of using extruded Al for that project would it have been possible to use a hard wood (cherry or oak)?

I suppose you could use hardwood, but it would be very difficult to drill and get everything aligned, especially the monitors.

Back